I’m a new investor in Michigan.

I’m a new investor in Michigan.

New to Real Estate · Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 1 vote

I was thinking metro Detroit but it varies block by block and some areas don’t have any real comps because of that. I think I want to start more in Oakland county.

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Lake Elsinore, CA · Member since 2018 · 235 posts · 300 votes
5y

Why does the property need to be off market?

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Allen Park, MI · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 3 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Priya Duhane:

    I was thinking metro Detroit but it varies block by block and some areas don’t have any real comps because of that. I think I want to start more in Oakland county.

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I like the Detroit suburban area as well. It’s hard to find anything n those areas. But I like Sherwood Forest, east English village, Jefferson-Chalmers, University, Virginia Park isn’t too bad 

  • Lake Elsinore, CA · Member since 2018 · 235 posts · 300 votes
    5y

    Why does the property need to be off market?

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    5y

    Metro Detroit isn't block-by-block, the City of Detroit is.

    Most OOS investors make the mistake of NOT separating the City of Detroit from the rest of Metro Detroit - they are two vastly different markets.

    We're in the Metro Detroit area, so you may want to follow our blog here on BP, but at least read the following posts:

    Follow our "Deep Dive" series we're doing about Metro Detroit cities and City of Detroit Neighborhoods: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    How to “Screen a PMC Better than a Tenant”: https://www.biggerpockets.com/member-blogs/3094/91877-how-to-screen-a-pmc-better-than-a-tenant-part-1-services-and-processes

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.