Justin Colletti
  • Keene, NH
Votes |
Moving to Keene, NH & Getting Started with Real Estate Investing

Justin Colletti
  • Keene, NH
Posted Mar 3 2017, 09:49

Hi all,

Long time lurker and student of BiggerPockets here, and I thought it was about time to say hello!

The wife and I are starting a family and are excited to be moving to Keene, New Hampshire this spring, where we are working on purchasing our first property.

We love the area and the people, and are very happy to find that investment properties pencil out much better in Keene than in similar areas where we had been looking in New York's Hudson Valley.

We're shopping for a primary residence now, and are set on purchasing 1-2 investment properties each year going forward, whether in town or in nearby markets, so I'm sure we'll run into many of you!

Ideally, we'll find a good home to purchase for a move-in on May 1 or June 1 this year. We've been following the local market for about a year now and have been finding some very good options so far. (We've primarily been looking at single fams on good blocks priced between $120k and $150k and multifams priced up to $200k-$250k—outside of the flood zones to start.)

We're especially keen on the idea of finding a good multifamily that would work as a 203k rehab (and that would be within reason for a couple of beginners to take on) and still have our fingers crossed for a great option on that front.

In the coming months, we'd be very interested in meeting good contractors, reliable wholesalers and older investors who might be interested in saying hello. We're always looking for opportunities to collaborate and meet great new people.

In the off chance we aren't able to find a great deal to purchase for May 1 or June 1, we're still set to move up to Keene anyway, into a shorter-term rental where we'll be even more able to jump on good opportunities as they arise.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to meeting you in town sometime soon!

-Justin and Maria
Soon-to-be residents of Keene, NH

Loading replies...