Anyone from Rochester, NY?

Anyone from Rochester, NY?

Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes

Hoping to collect some WNY folks in this forum. Any Rochestarians interested in meeting up to talk Real Estate? Lets start a discussion here with 2 minute intros' and hopefully get enough interest to connect in person sometime soon.

I'll start.....

I'm a full time real estate investor with past experience in residential rentals mostly in and around the 19th Ward. I've since transitioned to focus all my attention on self storage. I own one facility in Syracuse and am working on purchasing one out toward Buffalo in the next couple months. I can't articulate how much I enjoy talking real estate with other serious investors. Hoping to meet a few more via this post!

Mike

2Reply
368 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 100 posts · 23 votes
13y

I've never been to an Amerk's game... Am I still allowed to post in this thread?

See this reply in the discussion

137 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2013 · 844 posts · 350 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Martin Grizzanti:

    For investors in Rochester, NY.  I bought a property a few months ago that does not have a C of O.  How long, on average, does it take to acquire one?  

     That is going to vary a little bit, do you have a section 8 renter inside the home? If so you are exempt from the interior inspection. What street is your property located on and what year was it built. If you hand in the application now to city hall they could have an inspector out next week but if the weather is too cold they will defer any exterior work until April when the weather gets better. Once you fix all the items the inspector cites you just call them back to the home and if everything is ok they will pass you and you would receive your certificate in the mail in 3-4 weeks.

  • Bronx, NY · Member since 2013 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Can anyone recommend a good wholesale investor friendly RE attorney or title closing company in NY?

  • Niagara Falls, NY · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Originally posted by @Eric M.:

    David Niles How does the Buffalo RE market compare to Rochester's? I hear a lot of praise about Rochester's market, but that may be due to living here.

     I too am from the buffalo area. The east side is really great for real estate investing right now. Between colleges and tourism it's an amazing place to invest.  I'm actually looking to partner up. 

  • Niagara Falls, NY · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    I'm from just outside buffalo.  I'd be willing to travel for a meet-up. Keep me posted.

  • Flipper · Buffalo, NY · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Ummm. Do not invest in the east side of Buffalo based on colleges or tourism...

  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    Hey everyone, Looks like I'm only 4 years late to the discussion haha. I'm brand new to bigger pockets and have been burning through several podcasts a day eating up info. I have yet to invest in real estate (besides my own home) but have been wanting to for years. I finally have a decent amount of money saved from working full time and am hoping to do this on the side for now until I could fully support myself from investing. I'd like to find out more about buy and holds, investing $$, and maybe even wholesaling. I have a flexible job that would allow me to be my own property manager for likely the first few properties and maybe ultimately hire someone on. Any info, clubs, etc that I should know about or join to get more involved would be greatly appreciated! Also anyone willing to meet up so I could pick their brain and ask questions would also be incredibly valuable. Thanks again! Mike Morse
  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2015 · 499 posts · 169 votes
    8y

    Welcome Mike!  Check out the local http://ffreia.com/ meetings.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    Thanks Martin!
  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi everyone,

    My name is Vlad and I live in Fairport. I just discovered Bigger Pockets so I’m a little late to the thread. I’ve been a real estate investor for about 20 years with my first $6k property bought while I was still in high school. Bought and sold a bunch of properties over the years, however it was never my primary job. This year I decided to expand my portfolio. Would be happy to network and meet some likeminded people in the area. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.