Anyone from Rochester, NY?

Anyone from Rochester, NY?

Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes

Hoping to collect some WNY folks in this forum. Any Rochestarians interested in meeting up to talk Real Estate? Lets start a discussion here with 2 minute intros' and hopefully get enough interest to connect in person sometime soon.

I'll start.....

I'm a full time real estate investor with past experience in residential rentals mostly in and around the 19th Ward. I've since transitioned to focus all my attention on self storage. I own one facility in Syracuse and am working on purchasing one out toward Buffalo in the next couple months. I can't articulate how much I enjoy talking real estate with other serious investors. Hoping to meet a few more via this post!

Mike

2Reply
240 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 100 posts · 23 votes
13y

I've never been to an Amerk's game... Am I still allowed to post in this thread?

See this reply in the discussion

137 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Williamson, NY · Member since 2013 · 21 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    I'm also from the Rochester area.

    I've been investing for a couple years now and have 4 single family homes and one duplex in the city. They're all on the west side of the city, 19th ward and a little north of there. I also love connecting with other investors and would love the opportunity to sit and chat with anyone who's interested!

    I do this part time, but hope to grow my business and eventually invest full time, or at least much more time than I'm able to devote now (I'm a mechanical engineer by day). I'm focused on the buy/hold strategy currently, but I'm open to other opportunities.

    Mike

  • Wholesaler · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 100 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    2-minute intro:

    Migrated to Rochester 5 years ago after graduating high school to attend MCC. Studied at MCC for 2.5 years before entering the workforce full-time which is where I have been ever since. I'm a warehouse manager for a bicycle company - and am looking into alternative career avenues. Hence my interest in Real Estate...

    I've been learning about the subject of finance and real estate for approximately 8 months now, and plan to get my feet wet in the next 2 months. I attend FFREIA meetings each Thursday which is great to hear stories from local investors. I enjoy reading and learning online, and would like to meet up in person with others as well.

  • David NilesBusiness Member
    Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes
    13y

    I'm from Buffalo, but I travel several times a year or so to go to Amerks games. :)

  • Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes
    13y

    This is great! Here I am thinking this post would result in some quality networking but now David Niles comes along and offers to take us all to an Amerks Game. What a guy!!! Kidding.......unless you're actually considering it. Seriously though, you should make a point of reaching out to us next time you are in Rochester. I am in the process of buying a property out toward Buffalo so I may reach out to you next time I go there. I'll likely be there several times in the coming months (and then daily for at least a year once we close :/

    Eric Mavor, FFREIA is a good group of people. Susan Holman might be the sweetest lady on the planet! I'm actually hoping to speak at an upcoming meeting.

  • David NilesBusiness Member
    Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes
    13y

    Sounds good Michael.

    Sure thing, Amerks tickets on the house, meet you there next month. ;)

  • Wholesaler · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 100 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    I've never been to an Amerk's game... Am I still allowed to post in this thread?

  • Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes
    13y

    Eric Mavor, you are still welcome in the thread but only if you realize that David Niles has no intention of taking us to a game.....Amerks won't be playing next month!

  • Wholesaler · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 100 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    That's it... I quit BP! Kidding, of course.

    Michael Wagner I concur on Susan being a sweetheart. I met her at the general meeting two weeks ago. Oddly enough, I recognized a few people at FFREIA because of public market, which I work at on Saturday's. One of my regular customer's is a big player in the local market. Are you familiar with Joehttp://1855joebuys.webs.com/ When and what do you plan to speak on at FFREIA?

  • Wholesaler · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 100 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    David Niles How does the Buffalo RE market compare to Rochester's? I hear a lot of praise about Rochester's market, but that may be due to living here.

  • Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes
    13y

    Eric Mavor, I hope to speak about my self storage experience. No date set yet but Susan and I have discussed the possibility of doing it sometime this year. I do know Joe. He and I have tried on multiple occasions to put a deal together but none of them panned out. Now that I focus more on storage our paths don't cross as often but he's good people as best I can tell. Where in the Market do you work? I just attended for the first time 2 weeks ago. Plan to make it again!

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2012 · 316 posts · 102 votes
    13y

    Michael Wagner - another Rochesterian here, and FFREIA group member. I have been on the sidelines for the last few months after a number of years in property management, but looking to start putting some wholesale deals together in the next few months.

    Always willing to connect outside of FFREIA, ping those of us responding with a PM and we can set up a time.

  • Wholesaler · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 100 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    Michael Wagner I think it'd be cool to hear about self storage... Haven't read much about it at all. I'm at the bend of the large shed slinging oranges. Depending on how much coffee is in my system, you'll hear me heckling customers to kill the time. The market opened my eyes to see how diverse a population Rochester has - glad you were able to make it there!

  • Real Estate Investor · Niagara Falls, NY · Member since 2013 · 65 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Michael Wagner I'm back in the Falls having been away since 1980, when I got shipped out. I'm finally jumping into real estate investing. Focus is on doing wholesaling to start. Will be doing fix and flip also buying multiplex for passive income. Now I can use a meeting as an excuse to hit Popey's. I'll be looking into storage as a business.

  • David NilesBusiness Member
    Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Eric Mavor:
    David Niles How does the Buffalo RE market compare to Rochester's? I hear a lot of praise about Rochester's market, but that may be due to living here.

    Real close to almost mirrored in most aspects Eric. I still think Rochester has us edged out in the upper middle to high end market but that area is bouncing back real fast here.

    The low end investment types are exact between us both, street by street, block by block changing values dramatically. Plenty of buy/hold cashflow in both cities, but the flips are more suburbs.

  • Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes
    13y

    Glad to find so many Rochestarians on here.

    For anyone who is interested and available, Mike Ware and myself plan to meet for lunch at the Chilis on 96 in Victor. 12:45

    Plan is to talk REI and get to know each other. Hopefully others can join us. Please reply so we know how many to expect.

    David Niles, Dave Savage, Eric Mavor, Louis Vargas, @josh stetson

  • Real Estate Investor · Niagara Falls, NY · Member since 2013 · 65 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Michael Wagner What day is that going to be?

  • Investor · Williamson, NY · Member since 2013 · 21 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    We plan on meeting this Friday, May 3.

  • Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes
    13y

    Louis Vargas,

    Thanks Mike Ware!

    Lunch on Friday May 3rd at 12:45. Chili's on Route 96 in Victor.

    All are welcome!

  • Real Estate Investor · Niagara Falls, NY · Member since 2013 · 65 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Michael Wagner Thanks for the info but busy that day. Maybe next time.

  • David NilesBusiness Member
    Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes
    13y

    I have an early afternoon appointment and thats 1 1/2 hours from me so wouldnt make it back in time. Sorry guys would love too though.

  • Buffalo, NY · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 75 votes
    13y

    Hey fellow Western New Yorkers, my company is in Buffalo. I frequently speak at the WNYREI that is held at the Holiday Inn near the Buffalo airport on the last Tuesday of every month. They move a TON of property out of that group and have huge names in the area like Jim Roberts from Metro Roberts Realty. Last month he mentioned that in 2012 they sold hundreds of properties through the association. Highly recommend the trip from Roch if you can make it. And if anyone is ever in the Buffalo/West Seneca area and wants to stop into our office you're more than welcome!

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2012 · 316 posts · 102 votes
    13y

    @Michael Wagner - I work 1 minute from Chili's but Friday I am off and double booked from 12-1 in Webster. Let me know if you guys plan another lunch as I would love to meet up. I may see you at FFREIA events as well as I go to the General and Alternative meetings every month.

  • Wholesaler · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 100 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    I would be able to attend lunches if they were in the city as travel + eating/talking wouldn't fit in my (roughly) 1-hour lunch break. Regretfully won't make it to Chili's this Friday.

    Would a weekend or evening meetup be more feasible Dave Savage Michael Wagner Mike Ware Josh Stetson Louis Vargas David Niles ? My Saturday's are booked but would be available Sunday. My weekday evenings are free too.

    Tag: Rochester

  • Wholesaler · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 100 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    Stephen White I appreciate the mention of WNYREI. I'm going to look into attending!

  • Buffalo, NY · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 75 votes
    13y

    Eric Mavor no problem, just let me know if you decide to go and I'll meet you there and be sure to introduce you to anyone I know.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.