Anyone from Rochester, NY?

Anyone from Rochester, NY?

Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes

Hoping to collect some WNY folks in this forum. Any Rochestarians interested in meeting up to talk Real Estate? Lets start a discussion here with 2 minute intros' and hopefully get enough interest to connect in person sometime soon.

I'll start.....

I'm a full time real estate investor with past experience in residential rentals mostly in and around the 19th Ward. I've since transitioned to focus all my attention on self storage. I own one facility in Syracuse and am working on purchasing one out toward Buffalo in the next couple months. I can't articulate how much I enjoy talking real estate with other serious investors. Hoping to meet a few more via this post!

Mike

2Reply
334 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 100 posts · 23 votes
13y

I've never been to an Amerk's game... Am I still allowed to post in this thread?

See this reply in the discussion

137 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Michael Wagner Friday is my last day at my current job and we're going out to lunch so I won't be able to make it, but definitely another time. A long lunch might be doable another day, or any day after 4:30 I can be there for sure.

  • Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Eric Mavor Nights/weekends I'm usually available so that would be easier to schedule, for me anyways.

  • Investor · Williamson, NY · Member since 2013 · 21 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Seems like there's a lot of interest, we'll definitely have to do this again sometime soon when more people can join!

    Generally nights and weekends are good for me too, and the further ahead I can plan the better.

  • Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes
    13y

    Glad to see we've got some interest in all getting together. Hoping to set up a happy hour for sometime in June. I'll post something here later this month. Feel free to post your vote for which night of the week. I was thinking a 6pm-8pm (or whenever) event one night. Which days work best for folks.

  • Investor · Williamson, NY · Member since 2013 · 21 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Any day but Wednesday should work for me!

  • Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    I'm booked on Fridays but any other night works.

  • Investor · Rochester Area, NY · Member since 2012 · 79 posts · 17 votes
    13y

    Hi, I just saw this thread. I live in the Rochester area as well. I just started getting back into real estate as an investor after taking some time to relocate and settle into the market.

    I have 2 multi families and 1 SFR that I acquired as Investment properties. I've owned a condo and vacation rental in the past.

    I am looking to check out some of the associations locally as well and make some connections. However, this is part-time for me as I am a Regional Director for my company and time is a premium for me.

    I really enjoy this site.

    Regards,
    Mark

  • Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes
    13y

    Mark Turner,

    Welcome to BP! You are in the right spot to make connections and we hope to see you locally as well. We will be posting some 'meet-ups' on here and hope you can carve out some time to join us. Best of Luck as you jump back into REI!

    Mike

  • Buffalo, NY · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 75 votes
    13y

    Hey Western New Yorkers.. I just got an email that the next WNY-REI meeting is May 22 and the speakers are Bill Ham & Nick Sidoti to talk about how to buy Apartment Houses.

    Bill Ham has been working with National Speaker, David Lindahl on buying Apartment buildings. Nick Sidoti, also a National Speaker, will talk about how this works in Western New York.

    Holiday Inn, 4600 Genesse St, Cheektowaga, NY Doors Open at 7:00

    Hope to see you there!

  • Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes
    13y

    Eric Mavor, Mike Ware, Dave Savage, and any other Rochestarians,

    I will be speaking at the June 13th FFREIA meeting about self-storage. Probably a repeat of much that I've discussed on BP but the networking at the meetings is always great and I'd like to meet you (or see you again). Hope you guys can make it!

    For folks who aren't members, the first meeting is always FREE.

  • Wholesaler · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 100 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    Michael Wagner Glad to hear you sealed the deal on speaking. I look forward to it!

  • Investor · Williamson, NY · Member since 2013 · 21 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Michael Wagner, where/when is the meeting? I'd like to come check it out too.

  • Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes
    13y

    Mike Ware,
    The meeting starts at 6:30 on June 13th. Brighton Town hall.

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2012 · 316 posts · 102 votes
    13y

    Michael Wagner glad to hear you got the gig. Should be some good questions for you especially from the hecklers in the back ;)!

    Hope some of the others in this thread can make it out as well.

    For those new to the meeting, head to the back of the Brighton Town Hall behind the police station/court and there is door on the East side of the library which heads right down to the room. It is open networking from 6:30-7:00 and then the meeting will start. They do have pizza as well if you are coming right from work.

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2012 · 316 posts · 102 votes
    13y

    @Stephen White - I put the Buffalo meeting on my calendar, looking forward to seeing you there.

  • David NilesBusiness Member
    Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes
    13y

    Nick is funny as heck and pretty informational, he was the original founder of WNYREI.

  • Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes
    13y

    Not a bad idea to sit front and center when nick talks either....aside from getting a great seat, you're likely to catch a fistful of dollars :)

  • Investor · Pittsford, NY · Member since 2013 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Newbie here from Rochester. I've looked at REI a few times over the years but lack of courage held me back. I'm now in the process of finding my first multi-family. Planning to do some flips also to help fund the down payments on some multi-families.

    I'm definitely interested in meeting some people and plan to attend next meeting in Brighton.

  • Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes
    13y

    Welcome Kent Stauffer! Sounds like the FFREIA meeting as well as this awesome BP community is just what you need. It's important to surround yourself with people who have walked (or are walking) the path you hope to. Doing so takes away some of the fear. Would love to meet up for coffee and talk real estate anytime if you'd like.

    Mike

  • Buffalo, NY · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 75 votes
    13y

    So last nights WNY REI meeting was pretty awesome with speaker Nick Sidoti. I met Michael Sherwood there and we got a chance to chat with Nick after the meeting. He is a wealth of knowledge. Wondering if Dave Savage Michael Wagner David Niles made it our and I just didn't get a chance to meet with you guys?

    The next official meeting is not until Sept (which I will be the speaker) but next month is a networking happy hour meeting at Frog Hair for anyone that wants to come. I'll post dates when I know more.

  • David NilesBusiness Member
    Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes
    13y

    Stephen White No sir, I didnt make it, havent had a chance in several months. I am with Roberts Realty and have been a member of the WNYREI for about 6 years now.
    Last meeting I made, I believe your company spoke and had handouts.
    Maybe in the fall I'll get back at it.

  • Specialist · Victor, NY · Member since 2013 · 823 posts · 844 votes
    13y

    Stephen White , Unfortunately I could not be there. Busy packing for a trip out to Denver. Please do keep us updated on the September meeting.

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2012 · 316 posts · 102 votes
    13y

    Stephen White I made it out and thought it was a good meeting and met some other investors there, good to spread out of the Rochester area once in a while. I will make the trip in the fall again depending on the topics.

    FYI I think in the end I was sitting in front of you and didn't realize it as we briefly discussed RentPrep after you mentioned it to Nick.

  • Buffalo, NY · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 75 votes
    13y

    Dave Savage I think I remember seeing you now.. you were literally right in front of me I think. And I didn't want to bring up my company the way I did but Nick was talking about starting a screening agency for the group, and we are the official screening company for the group!! Haha, I apologized afterwards to him and he said he'd start one now out of spite for interrupting his presentation. He's too funny. Hopefully he'll agree to an interview for our site on some of the landlord practices he discussed. Let me know when the next Roch meeting is and I'll grab Michael Sherwood to make the trip.

    And David Niles I didn't know you were with Roberts Realty! Jim is a character and the life of the party at the meetings. Are you going to the happy hour at Frog Hair in the summer?

  • Investor · buffalo, NY · Member since 2008 · 354 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    the meeting was a blast. I am glad we finally got to meet Stephen White . David Niles actually texted me the next day busting on me for not telling him that I was going! I had no idea he went there. haha. Looks like a pretty active group and Nick was amazing ! he is such a character. I am glad I got to witness it. Plus Stephen and I spoke with Nick for a good while after the guy is a deep resource and you can tell that he has dealt with the day to day landlording. Probably will be be busy for the next couple months. I hope to get to more meetings though.

    Mike

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.