Property Manager · 17112 · Member since 2016 · 271 posts · 151 votes
Here is a fair warning to all newbie investors that are on a wholesaler's mailing list. Please, please do your own due diligence and don't just take the word of the wholesaler.
A guy by the name of Carltio King from VCA Properties reached out to me on BiggerPockets asking for my email to put me on their mailing list. I received an email about one of their 'deals' in Harrisburg, PA (an area I'm very familiar with) and I had politely turned down the deal stating I did not think their ARV was accurate. They emailed me back and asked me to provide comps to support my argument. At this point I probably should have ignored them, but wanted to explain my position so here was my reply, and here was their 'professional' reply.
Just wanted to put them on blast so that none of my investor friends waste their time with a company like this.
Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 451 posts · 369 votes
7y
@Carlito King Apparently you don't need his help to smear your name ... you do that just perfectly being yourself. He presented his issue about your company in a very professional manner and you have responded like the piece of trash you are.
@Jay Hinrichs I’m starting to understand what you’re saying!
issue is you have folks that are not licensed and are just running around with no supervision or ethics to follow and this is what you get rude crude behavior and extreme profiteering if they can get away with it.
Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 10 votes
7y
Oh boy..hear we go lol. And only because you made a frivolous attempt to falsely discredit my company.
1. I don't need a list to close deals and never asked this clown to do so (Exhibit A) lol
If you're going to fudge a screenshot, there's no telling what else you'll lie about. Anyhow, this is kinda funny, sad and yet extremely necessary.
For someone to respond to your email with those words relating to a basic professional off market property offering , is just rude and very unprofessional. Does'anyone else who commented or is following this thread agree? (read his response) gmail pic
Painting me out to be the bad guy here was a big mistake pal.
I simply asked him where'd he get his comps, maybe we're looking at the wrong addresses. His reply blew me through the roof because I will not be disrespected! I've been nothing but professional and respectful to a total stranger who I know from nowhere. The ONLY reason why we are "here" is because I do deals in multiple states and I came to BP for a true cash buyers in a state that I've never done a deal In. Once we went U/C the following day, I never reached out to anyone to notify them the property is U/C??!! Come on, and out of nowhere I get hammered by some guy I forgot all about. Now I'm here exposing this false flake and will continue on my way....
Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
7y
@Carlito King It doesn’t seem the response from @Travis Wylie about the “non comp” comps was out of line.....most of us get these BS comps from wholesalers for larger properties, different subdivisions, etc, etc. It may work for uninformed buyers but not for investors who do their research.
Are you denying you made that ridiculous response.....doesn’t seem so. Most people who go off about “disrespecting me” are just idiot scammers trying to cover their a$$......no real business person is that over sensitive, for no reason.
To anyone who didn’t catch it, Travis’s response showing the 2 comps was in response to Carlito’s question about what comps Travis used (obviously after a previous message from Travis telling Carlito his comps were off).......then that fine professional piece of prose from Carlito.
Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 10 votes
7y
Lol No worries on my side. Yes I know I'm a bit brutish, but hey, I could've let him assume that bs and keep it moving but hey, I responded a bit hardcore on him because I did nothing to be called a lie or scammer so I blasted on his a** simple and plane. I'm over it, it's distasteful to start unnecessary drama on a forum when you never done business with the person?!! I'm like WTF this clown was so touched because I told him to piss off that he decided to attempt to smear my name! I knew he was off when he told me to meet him at some boxing gym lmfao no shi* this guy is off.
Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 301 posts · 354 votes
7y
Wow! That was quite a response and totally unprofessional. It is not for the investor to defend their comps but rather for the wholesaler to justify their analysis. Many do not include ongoing maintenance and capital expenditures in their calculations. There is no need for the aggression, this is business not personal. @Josh Caldwell
Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 451 posts · 369 votes
7y
@Carlito King Apparently you don't need his help to smear your name ... you do that just perfectly being yourself. He presented his issue about your company in a very professional manner and you have responded like the piece of trash you are.
Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
7y
@Travis Wylie its just easier if you deal with realtors that work with investors. You can get all the same benefits (discounted off market properties) but you won't have to deal with this type of behavior nearly as much. Most wholesalers I've seen charge outrageous mark-ups, push ARV's and their rehab numbers are either way off or they just don't provide them. usually its unethical at best, and just straight up awful (like this thread) in other cases.
Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
7y
also @Wayne Brooks said it best. if anyone gets all up in arms about "disrespecting" someone in a case like that, that just screams BS in my mind too. There is no rational reason to respond that way. Leave your emotions at the door for REI and 99 percent of the time, things are very simple.
Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
7y
@Carlito King Post the property in question and the comps you used to arrive at an ARV. @Travis Wylie can post his comps and it will become clear quickly if Travis' assertions about you inflating the properties ARV were true or not.
Can you defend your name Carlito King and the reputation of VCA Properties with facts or will you be known as an entrepreneur who sends profanity and threats laced emails to potential clients in addition to inflating ARVs? Prove everyone wrong with truth and data.
Sure you can take this whole thread as an attack on you, Carlito King, personally. Or is a once in a life time chance. You have an opportunity to show over 1m potential clients how you are different from all the other wholesalers out there. Wow us with your knowledge of the areas you work in and how there is a reason that you priced that particular property the way you did.
Something tells me we all will be seeing @Account Closed where we used to see Carlito King pretty soon though. Just going off what he said in that email to Travis and the incredibly vulgar comments he made in his removed post directed toward @Kelly I. and @Gregory Hiban.
Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 10 votes
7y
@Bill F. Profanity Yes , Threats? Where is that? I don't owe anyone here crap. Are we under contract ? NO are we working leads together? No. So, wtf is you guys problem? Has BP ever helped me with anything? NO, soooo The said property is U/C and it makes zero difference to you or anyone here whom I've never met, talked to or even heard of until now, which still means zero. I don't have to defend crap! Get over it and move on to something more beneficial. It's you guys with nothing better to do than to reach for something or someone to make feel less than you think you are. Which is sad! I've been down this road before with a bunch of broke knowitalls but hey. If you get pleasure out of this than so be it. Just like your girl Wylie
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
7y
@Carlito King BP is a strange place in many ways.. there is a lot of band wagon ism going on.. And while it appears your response while not professional no matter what.. but as a point of clarification.. BP has rank beginners with zero money and will never really do anything but they are here to try to learn and some will do something others just realize real estate is really hard..
then you have this wholesaler niche which runs the gambit of some pretty well capitalized companies to rank beginners and every thing in between.. and with all the guru's like Snap flip and others touting that wholesaling is easy just pick up your checks.. you get an in ordinate amount of people doing it and failing at it.. they get desperate and put out deals that simply are not deals.. then there are others that just like any other part of society they could care less if the buyer or seller got ripped off as long as THEY made money.. this is what makes wholesaling many times a stain on the industry. unregulated.
But there are also some very accomplished people on BP who are not broke knowitalls. as you call them.
so want to be careful painting that broad brush that who your talking to on the other side of these conversation are in the broke category as you describe. And the reason many have the time to hang out on BP is they are accomplished and in many ways its a way of giving back to an industry that has treated us so well... trying to keep new investors from getting scammed by less than ethical wholesalers or FAUX lenders or bad PM's all sorts of things are talked about on this site all with the goal of helping those that are newer in the RE game..
Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
7y
@Carlito King Tired to give you a chance man, but yet again another swing and a miss from VCA Properties and Carlito King.
1. Still no comps from your end to disprove OPs assertion.
2. Congrats on getting the property under contract. You are a salesman, the deal you just did doesn't matter nearly as much as developing leads for your next sales. BP is the largest RE oriented forum out there and you've pretty much punted any potential leads you could have gotten off of here. Think about how many people are reading this thread purely because it is trending right now, not to mention keyword alerts. Now how many of them go to REIAs in areas you work in?
I'm not a SEO master, but having your name, Carlito King, and your company's name, VCA Properties, appear on BP this many times could make this the top search result for Carlito King and VCA Properties. Also a people posting where you live, Atlanta, and a place you do business, Harrisburg, could also make this thread appear pretty high in search rankings. That could hurt if potential investors google your name.
Didn't think of that did you? Starting to have some regrets?
3. Are we supposed to be surprised about OP's motivations to drag your name through the mud? Have you read the email you sent him? It is 2018, that's what happens when you write emails like one you send to him.
So once last chance, stop with the red hearings and insults. Stop implying that we are poor because we post here on BP. I know for a fact that isn't true and what someone has or doesn't have on their balance sheet doesn't make their points any less valid.
Explain your rational for pricing the house they way you did. Apologize for being so rude and vulgar. Try and turn a negative into a positive.
Real Estate Investor · FL · Member since 2011 · 586 posts · 360 votes
7y
It's threads like this that really hammer home my belief that some people would be better off working at a mall kiosk instead of pretending to be a real estate "investor"...
It's threads like this that really hammer home my belief that some people would be better off working at a mall kiosk instead of pretending to be a real estate "investor"...
or used cars LOL... the reaction from Carlito King was like returning small arms fire with a bazooka LOL.. but in reality you get the drift of the base personality when you see reponses like that.. that just leap right to calling people names and profanity.. its all about the money nothing else. buyer has it wholesaler wants it..
Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
7y
And of course, while he may think nothing of BP, he forgets that there are active Atlanta investors on this site, who might just be part of an Atlanta investor discussion list somewhere else and who might throw this link out onto that other list .......just saying....