Seeking maintenance contractor for SFR in Knoxville, TN

3 Replies

I am an absentee landlord needing recommendations for a good contractor for general home maintenance in Knoxville, TN. 

After a truly awful experience with so-called professional management, I am managing the property myself from the other side of the state and need a reliable locally based person in South Knoxville, TN.

Any suggestions and experiences appreciated.

Hi Michael - 

We use a company called Hoods Handyman Service and are very satisfied.  The owner is a local and they do a GREAT job.  Email Daniel at [email protected]  

David

Hi Michael, thanks for Posting!

I'm a licensed contractor here in Knoxville, my family has also owned a general contracting company for around 25 years (I manage their residential projects).  Coincidentally, I'm also a REALTOR® and property manager, so I understand the headaches that can arise while leasing out and maintaining property.  Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the property management; it's unfortunate that some "professional" companies don't put much emphasis on keeping their clients happy. 

I've personally worked on over 30 rental properties for various clients (individual and corporate) and would be happy to help in any way I can.  Please feel free to contact me anytime, I'm only a short drive from South Knoxville.

Best of luck,

Joey

@Michael G. , being out of the area you really need a good property manager dealing with that king of stuff locally. I understand you've been burned by a bad property manager, but you're probably better off trying to find a better property manager than trying to manage it from afar. The exception is if you can find a really good local handyman that you trust and you're willing to micro-manage from afar. 

Sorry I can't give you a solid recommendation, but I'd be happy to help if you ever need me to drive by a local property an give you a report on it's apparent condition or status.

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide