Buy & hold - 2 quick wins this year & now I've got the bug!

Buy & hold - 2 quick wins this year & now I've got the bug!

Investor · Mc Kinney, TX · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone,

Thanks to a lot of the great guidance from BP and the members I've met so far, I'm happy to say that I'm making big progress on my goals for this year. I closed on my first SFR rental in NY in late April. It was a 5 month process from offer to tenant placement, but my tenant signed and moved in last week. I'm also already in contract on a property in DFW (Garland) and should close before the end of this month. My goal is to go live with a tenant by August 1. After doing these two deals I've realized I want to shift gears a bit to find more equity in my future properties through rehab/forced appreciation so that will be an interesting shift, looking into REOs and working with wholesalers. I'm already looking for my next deals with a goal of doing (at least) two more deals this year. I'm also on the hunt for private money and potential partnership opportunities.

I've totally got "the bug" and am loving everything I do daily - reviewing deals, looking into properties/lenders/neighborhoods, and realizing that the better I do at my 9-5 the faster I can buy more properties.

Thank you BP!!

0Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Draper, UT · Member since 2015 · 193 posts · 48 votes
10y

Hello @Miles Stanley. Our group has been able to provide investors great turnkey properties at an amazing cap rate. Let's talk and see what your goals are and how we might be able to assist.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Schertz, TX · Member since 2015 · 226 posts · 53 votes
    10y

    Awesome post!  I'm hoping to buy my first deal within the next couple months, so your story is pretty inspiring.

    Thanks!

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    Congrats Matt, way to take action!  I'm curious, was your NY property purchased through a turnkey or did you travel out there to do it yourself?  Again, great job and thank you for the inspiring kick in the pants.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Lindon, UT · Member since 2015 · 862 posts · 438 votes
    10y

    @Matt Buchalski

    That's awesome Matt!  I've picked up my turn-key rentals from @Chris Erwin (over 50 homes in the last two years) and I can provide easy financing for you on his properties.  Maybe there is a fit for you with Chris.  

  • Investor · Mc Kinney, TX · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hi @Cory Damon,

    I am from NY originally so I still have realtor friends and family in the area. I trusted them to find a good deal, inspect & fund the deal. I flew up there to close and generate the rehab statement of work, then turned the rehab over to good friends that got the job done in 2 weeks. Luckily my realtor also helps find tenants, so he was working on finding me a good tenant before I even closed. My next step is to build a similar support structure here in DFW. My goal going forward is to buy properties in both areas since i live in McKinney but I am up in NY quarterly for business or to visit my family up there. 

    Thanks for the note! I'm in Austin all the time, i love it down there! 

    Cheers,
    Matt 

  • Investor · Mc Kinney, TX · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hi @Darren Eady,

    Thanks for the note. Congrats on 50 properties in 2 years, WOW! I am open to working with you and Chris. Lets get networked here and get some dialogue going! 

    Cheers,
    Matt 

  • Investor · Mc Kinney, TX · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hi @Miles Stanley,

    Getting off the fence and getting past the knot in your stomach when you are about to make an offer decision are the two hardest things to get past. Once you do that, ITS GAME ON!! Good luck! 

    Cheers,
    Matt 

  • Investor · Draper, UT · Member since 2015 · 193 posts · 48 votes
    10y

    Hi @Matt Buchalski we should setup a time to have a call. We have a great system in place to get investors quality properties. Feel free to PM me with a time that would work for you. 

  • Investor · Draper, UT · Member since 2015 · 193 posts · 48 votes
    10y

    Hello @Miles Stanley. Our group has been able to provide investors great turnkey properties at an amazing cap rate. Let's talk and see what your goals are and how we might be able to assist.

  • Real Estate Agent · Allen, TX · Member since 2015 · 106 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    @Matt Buchalski

    Congrats Matt, would you mind sharing the numbers on the two properties?

  • Cedar Hill, TX · Member since 2015 · 32 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Matt Buchalski Congrats on getting the ball rolling and best wishes in surpassing your new goals!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.