Phil Grove

Phil Grove

Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 36 posts · 3 votes

 My Husband and I are just now starting with real estate investing and we  went to a live event this past  weekend put on by Phil Grove and his wife - it was very informative and was very well planned and smooth ( I'm a professional sales person)  it was fun to see the whole sales pitch unfold for the coaching program - knocking out the objections throughout the presentation before they come, building value, taking people into their pain and getting to the WHY , giving information while all at the same time saying everything for a reason without coming off like a salesperson,  and then the cherry on top was  to see how they charge an enormous amount of money to sell a program just to have the students go out and do the marketing to bring him and his team deals to partner on, the big picture of his business was an amazing master mind project - I was really impressed from a sales stand point I felt that it was very smooth and done with class, class because they really did make the event informative which is something that is lacking at most of the meetups I have attended, although most of the info was to train the attendees enough to be able to go out and market to bring in deals for them to partner on - I was actually very  interested in the program but they are asking  a SIGNIFICANT amount of money and were not exactly clear on exactly what you get for it other that the "network"  which he did mention many times that your network is your networth  ;-) . I do believe that training and learning is always good, but there is tons of free info online or in inexpensive courses, I was unsure of what the tools consisted of, but I am a realtor and have mls and can do cma's and math so what else is in the tools? I have a sales background so selling, marketing and negotiating is what I do. You do get 3 websites and some cheap black and white business cards, but I can get that pretty cheap as well , for many 1000's less than the program. So I guess my question is this- has anyone purchased his program or know of anyone who has? If so was it worth it? Exactly what is it that you get that you couldn't have gotten on your own?

2Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 112 posts · 83 votes
10y

I have not purchased his program.  I think you are going in a good direction asking if people have.  My impression is that you don't get much for your money with there program.  At the same time I only have talked to one person who has joined there program.  I have a better feeling about more personal local mentors.  Like George Roddy, Cathy Crowe, Joe Boston and Dennis Henson.  That being said I networked with people from George and Cathy's programs but not or Joe Boston or Dennis Henson but have positive things. 

I paid for mentoring at Lifestyles Unlimited and I don't regret it.  There program is focused on buy and hold properties that cash flow and you need probably at least 20K to start buying homes that fit there model.  

Just my 2 cents.  Contact me if you would like to continue the conversation.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Liberty Hill, TX · Member since 2016 · 85 posts · 96 votes
    10y

    Hi Amiee,

    I am a newbie investor here in Austin and would like to share my experience . My in-laws attended a similar event a few months ago hoping to meet tv celebrities, Tarek and Christina El Moussa stars of the reality tv show, Flip or Flop. They tried to convince them to take part in a 3 day course to the tune of around $2,000. A quick Google search returned mostly negative reviews. Someone who also attended the event suggested joining a local reia which is what I ended up doing and found Phil Grove. The first meeting was free after the online registration, I walked out halfway through the presentation. I told a friend that I was looking to learn about investing in real estate and they put me in touch with an actual investor who has a mentoring program for the same cost of the 3 day Vip big live event. My mentor did recommend that I join the reia and take part in their online forum which is similar to bp. Supposedly, a lot of good information is exchanged there and even deals are pitched. I am going to take part in the free 3 day seminar that was included with my membership so I will have more to report next month. I wish you the best of luck with whatever decision you ultimately decide to take.

    Ramon

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 36 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    thanks Ramon - keep me posted on how it goes for you. Have you joined their forum? I will have to look it up. thanks for the info

  • Forney, TX · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    I too thought it was a good program but too rich for my blood. I did find, however,  that you can sign up for the REImatcher.com program which gives you the buyer and seller website and the template for the investor website. It is only $105/ month and has a lot of training videos and a forum similar to BP. I think the two make a good team.

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 36 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks @Richard Dushion  yes I felt like it was a good program but I wasn't convinced that I couldn't put all of it together for less on my own - and they kept stressing the importance of the network but I am finding that here on BP is an awesome network . I will check this out. thank you!

  • Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Amiee Baker you are exactly right about what he's doing - training people to bring him deals. But that's not a bad thing if that's what you want to do, and I don't think he keeps it a secret that is what he's trying to do. And he definitely buys a lot of houses. I don't think he has any information you couldn't get elsewhere for free (like BP) and in my experience, if you have a great deal, finding someone to buy it isn't too hard.

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 36 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Jason Hirko  yes I respect the system he has put in place I think it is pure genius and I am sure that it is a good program but that is ALOT of money to be building someone elses brand

  • Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Amiee Baker Absolutely agree - it is a lot of money for something you could learn on your own. I always tell people the best way to learn the business is find a good deal that you could afford to do on your own, and bring in an experienced partner to do it with you, and split the profits.

  • Specialist · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 900 posts · 392 votes
    10y

    Phil's 3 day event does cover a lot of ground and is very informative, good education, and if you don't sign up, he has lower priced online courses in the $1500 or so range. Who i like is Robin Carrington who has one of the best REIAs every Saturday in Forth Worth with the DFW REI Club, and he has low cost training and a few years of his presentations online. I have learned if its over a few thousand, its over priced and you can do the same on your own meeting local investors at the REIAs and they can help you learn, while you use some of the tools that Robin offers. Good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 36 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Christopher Winkler  thanks I will check him out - have you taken any of Roddy's classes? I just purchased a couple of his and am pretty happy with them so far although they were done several years back when the market was much different

  • Specialist · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 900 posts · 392 votes
    10y

    @Aimee Baker, The biggest thing is to just execute Amiee, like Grove suggests, bird dogging and wholesaling is a good introduction to learn the basics, then get to where you can do a fix/flip or buy & hold on your own. Though Dallas it really is a challenge to find GOOD deals here. Plenty of 80%+ deals from 4-5 professional wholesalers are OK deals, if you buy & hold or can wait for more appreciation, though the growth can only go on for so long. Start with a few of the free or low cost ways to find deals, and work up to mailing & such. Good luck & hope to see you at one of the REIAS!

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 112 posts · 83 votes
    10y

    I have not purchased his program.  I think you are going in a good direction asking if people have.  My impression is that you don't get much for your money with there program.  At the same time I only have talked to one person who has joined there program.  I have a better feeling about more personal local mentors.  Like George Roddy, Cathy Crowe, Joe Boston and Dennis Henson.  That being said I networked with people from George and Cathy's programs but not or Joe Boston or Dennis Henson but have positive things. 

    I paid for mentoring at Lifestyles Unlimited and I don't regret it.  There program is focused on buy and hold properties that cash flow and you need probably at least 20K to start buying homes that fit there model.  

    Just my 2 cents.  Contact me if you would like to continue the conversation.

  • Flipper / Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Amiee,

    I am a student, and very successful one.  I literally had 0 experience as an investor 3.5 years ago but now do an average of 50 deals per year.  And no, I don't partner very often with the organizers, although it is convenient that they have tons of cash available should it be desireable.  

    You got some really good responses, I just wanted to mention that it has worked for me and I see many others that have done very well with the information.   Feel free to reach out should you want some more detailed info, I am always happy to give my perspective on this training and coaching program.  

    Bottom line..not all programs are created equal, and none are very cheap, BUT, from a results standpoint it has sure been good for me and many others.  Ultimately...you get out what you put in, so long as it's a good program, and I really feel that this one is.  Again, happy to discuss.  Just reach out. :-) 

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 36 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Russell Spillers   thanks for your feedback I appreciate it and glad to hear it is going well for you. Can you tell me what you feel that you got out of this program that you couldn't have gotten somewhere else?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.