Check My Numbers - Rental Property - DFW

Check My Numbers - Rental Property - DFW

Arlington, TX · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 13 votes

Hello All,

I would humbly ask for someone to double check my numbers on a potential deal I am working on. (Sorry if this is not the proper thread, this is my first post, other than new member post).

Details:

  • Not on MLS
  • Arlington, TX
  • 4 Bed, 2 bath
  • 1875 SF
  • Built in 1981
  • Class A-/B+ neighborhood
  • asking price - $200,000 (I estimate it is truly worth $220,000).
  • Good schools close by.
  • I will self-manage.

My numbers:

Thanks!  Let me know your overall thoughts of this deal in today's climate.

3Reply
100 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Carrollton, TX · Member since 2016 · 145 posts · 100 votes
8y
I advice NOT to buy SFH that rents close to 2000 for first investment property. You have fewer eligible renters at that price compared to sub 1200 rental. if you look hard, you should be able to find duplexes for 200k close to Arlington in cities like Forest Hill, Burleson and South Fortworth. You will make 1000 on each side which is still 2000, but you have clear upside to go up to 1400 in 2-3 years. It's unlikely you can rent your SFH for 2800 2-3 years from now.
See this reply in the discussion

52 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.