Looking for investor friendly Real Estate Agent - Aubrey TX

Looking for investor friendly Real Estate Agent - Aubrey TX

Aubrey, TX · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 18 votes

Hey guys I am looking for a real estate agent in the North Dallas area. Preferably one with years of investing experience. I am moving from Illinois to Aubrey Texas and am wanting to get setup on the MLS with a criteria so I can begin getting email alerts. If you or someone you know is in the local area please let me know! Thanks

1Reply
6 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew PostellPro Member
Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
7y

@William Kelly welcome to Texas! The Dallas-Fort Worth area is now the 4th largest metro in the country. We were ranked as the #1 or #2 city to invest in for the past 5 years by Forbes. While it has cooled down some here in many ways it is still a sellers market. Most of us do not find deals on the MLS. It's just too competitive and you have to compete against every person who watches HGTV. It is still possible to find deals but you have to be extremely vigilant and determined. It would probably be more advantageous to just reach out to EXPIRED listings rather than MLS listings.

You can certainly still follow that formula but most of us use some type of wholesaler.  And in general, it's better to work with smaller wholesalers than larger ones. 

Anyway, feel free to check out meetup.com for some REI clubs or even on the Bigger Pockets forums there will be some groups that post. Happy Hunting!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tyler HodgsonBusiness Member
    Investor · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2016 · 245 posts · 192 votes
    7y

    Hey William, you should connect with @Kenneth McKeown. He lives in North Dallas area, and is all over the DFW area for real estate. He’s a fellow investor as well. 

    What brings you to the Dallas area? What are your real estate goals for 2019?

  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @William Kelly welcome to Texas! The Dallas-Fort Worth area is now the 4th largest metro in the country. We were ranked as the #1 or #2 city to invest in for the past 5 years by Forbes. While it has cooled down some here in many ways it is still a sellers market. Most of us do not find deals on the MLS. It's just too competitive and you have to compete against every person who watches HGTV. It is still possible to find deals but you have to be extremely vigilant and determined. It would probably be more advantageous to just reach out to EXPIRED listings rather than MLS listings.

    You can certainly still follow that formula but most of us use some type of wholesaler.  And in general, it's better to work with smaller wholesalers than larger ones. 

    Anyway, feel free to check out meetup.com for some REI clubs or even on the Bigger Pockets forums there will be some groups that post. Happy Hunting!

  • Investor / Real Estate Agent · Aurora, IL · Member since 2015 · 170 posts · 42 votes
    7y

    @William Kelly I know an agent in Dallas, let me know if you're still looking. 

  • Aubrey, TX · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    @Tyler Hodgson I was able to connect with Kenneth, thanks and I really appreciate the referral. I will be relocating to be closer to family and for more opportunity. My Real Estate goals for 2019 are to acquire one rental property that is cash flowing and complete 3 transactions on deals whether that be wholesaling, brrrr or flipping (depending on which makes the most sense).

    @Andrew Postell thank you for your input I definitely found it to be valuable. I understand that the market as of today in this area is HOT and not many deals are found on the MLS, but I want to continue to assess the surrounding areas of properties being listed as well as running the numbers to get a better feel. I have been in contact with a wholesaler out there and will be working with him once I get down there to hopefully find a rental that is cash flowing in the Denton area (or maybe 2). Also great advice on finding some meetups down there, networking is key!

  • Real Estate Agent · Denton, TX · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hi William

    I will echo what Andrew has said. It is not easy to find good deals or at least margins are reducing (between higher purchase prices, higher property taxes and higher interest rates). I am a Realtor based in Denton (Corinth TX to be exact) but also an investor in the process of buying my 5th rental house (Denton and surrounding areas). I am not into flipping (yet) but I am connected to a wholesaler I can connect you to. I just joined a new meetup in Denton (the old one stopped couple of months ago) so I can not give any comment on this one yet; I am planning to assist to the January meeting.  If you need information about the Denton area market, let me know.

    Fabrice Laporte. License # 0685826

  • Realtor · Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 925 votes
    7y

    @William Kelly Congrats on making the move! I moved here almost 3 years ago and we thoroughly enjoy it. With regards to RE, Dallas is spread out and there are different reasons for investing in different areas. Once you get here, take the time to explore and understand the niches. There are a bucket load of Meet-ups and RE Networking events and therefore opportunities to build your team.

    Best wishes and look forward to meeting you at an Event one day soon.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.