Access to the MRIS but how to get Absentee/Public Records list

4 Replies

Hello BP,

After doing some networking with some agents in the Virginia area, I was able to work a deal to get access to the MRIS. However, we have no clue how to get the absentee listing.

At first, I was looking on the counties online public record but unfortunately I will have to search for individual addresses and after doing some more research I came across that is possible to get a listing through the MRIS. If anyone knows how to get this listing, please could you show us how to get it? Any help will be much appreciated!

Just FYI in case you can't find a way to pull that list in your county via the MRIS, there are some services available that will compile those lists for you and them sell them to you. Just a thought :)

Originally posted by @Randy Estrella :

Hello BP,

After doing some networking with some agents in the Virginia area, I was able to work a deal to get access to the MRIS. 

Uhm yeah....what ever agent gave you that access is in danger of losing their license, and you have liability too with access to information, like how to get into peoples houses, which you are not licensed to have.

@Russell Brazil thanks for the advice however we are fully aware of it and we are working together. Still, my main question was if any knows how to get the listing, if you know how to, we would appreciate the help.

it depends on the jurisdiction. i would start by looking for your county's GIS services website and see if they have a property records database you can pull. there will usually be some sort of indicator for primary residence or homestead tax deduction, or worst case you can see if the mailing address matches the property address. otherwise try list source and pay for a list.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here