Seeking a Tactical Investment/Business CPA

Seeking a Tactical Investment/Business CPA

Property Manager · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2016 · 197 posts · 112 votes

Tactical definition: "relating to, or constituting actions carefully planned to gain a specific end"

I'm a combat veteran, it's the analogy I understand all too well. When you're in the field, you must rely on tools, resources, and strategies to achieve the operation goal. I need someone that will look at my business, finances, and strategies to produce a plan for how to minimize or reduce tax liability.  

I need a CPA that doesn't view their clients as a quarterly task. I need a CPA that sees the situation as a living breathing thing that must be reacted to, in addition to having the ability to proactively attack accounting problems. I need a strategist that can help me build a game-plan for my real estate business, as well as lay out strategies for investment real estate. 

They must be familiar with WA state laws, IRS rules, and a confident understanding of how to use the rules to their advantage. I'd prefer they're in Washington, but as long as they meet the criteria, I'm open to anyone. 

Thanks for your referrals and votes! 

4Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Renton, WA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 9 votes
9y

Ditto!  I need one, too.  I am also in the State of WA.  The only thing I would add is "a CPA with real estate investment experience."  Sorry to hijack your posting @jamesMarszalek.  I will take second seat to your request of course!

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Renton, WA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    Ditto!  I need one, too.  I am also in the State of WA.  The only thing I would add is "a CPA with real estate investment experience."  Sorry to hijack your posting @jamesMarszalek.  I will take second seat to your request of course!

  • Property Manager · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2016 · 197 posts · 112 votes
    9y

    @Debra Batterson, no need to apologize. That's what posts like this are for! We'll find someone! 

  • Tony WooldridgePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Walla Walla, WA · Member since 2016 · 480 posts · 346 votes
    9y

    @ James Marszalek, I just got through having a similar discussion ( email exchange) with bigger pockets member Natalie.  She is in the accounting field and is very close to finishing up her CPA license and is also an active investor over on your side of the state.  I should not assume that she is interested or is willing to take on new clientele outside of the conversation I had with her.  However, I will leave it up to you guys to figure that out.  Her is her info @ Natalie Kolodij if you would like to reach out to her.  Good luck in your future ventures!

  • Jake HottenrottPro Member
    CPA · Belleville, IL · Member since 2014 · 255 posts · 269 votes
    9y

    @Natalie Kolodij is the accountant you will want on your side @James Marszalek.  As a proponent of virtual conversations and working anywhere I'm typically ok posting about how your accountant doesn't need to be in your backyard.  But when you have an accountant that fits the exact description of what you are looking for actually in your backyard, I highly recommend starting a conversation with her.

  • Dave FosterBusiness Member
    Qualified Intermediary for 1031 Exchanges · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    9y

    @James Marszalek, I'm sure she's blushing right now but that's what you get when you contribute faithfully to the BP community.  I've had several strategic sessions with @Natalie Kolodij and she "gets it".  She's also in your backyard. Her firm is progressive and hungry for the right kind of growth oriented clients.  A couple other folks to vet who have had a strong presence here in BP are @Steven Hamilton II and @Brandon Hall

    The 1031 Investor5137 Reviews
  • Natalie KolodijBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Tax Strategist| National Tax Educator| Accepting New Clients · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Dave Foster , @Jake Hottenrott , and @Tony Wooldridge Thank you guys for mentioning me- I AM blushing right now. 

    @James Marszalek & @Debra Batterson lets chat and see if we'd be a good fit to work together! I've been investing in Washington and working in a CPA firm since 2014. I'm all about strategy and keeping in communication. I love talking/thinking real estate and you'll find me at quite a few of the local networking events. 

  • Tony WooldridgePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Walla Walla, WA · Member since 2016 · 480 posts · 346 votes
    9y

    @Natalie Kolodij. Of course, that is the power of BP's is it not!?  I am just glad that I had the opportunity to hopefully generate even more networking!  Thanks Natalie appreciate the comment!  Have a GR8 Day!

  • Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2015 · 49 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the post @James Marszalek and thank you for your service! @Natalie Kolodij

    I am also looking for some tax strategy.  But please take care of our Vet here first.  I would like to set up a conference call with my partner and I.  Please pm me if you are interested.

  • Property Manager · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2016 · 197 posts · 112 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Scott Egbert:

    Thanks for the post @James Marszalek and thank you for your service! @Natalie Kolodij

    I am also looking for some tax strategy.  But please take care of our Vet here first.  I would like to set up a conference call with my partner and I.  Please pm me if you are interested.

     I appreciate your kind words, thanks Scott. It was an honor to serve, for sure. Natalie and I are setting up a sit down. I'm a firm believer that vendors adjacent to real estate investors (like real estate agents, CPA's, contractors, etc) are 100% more efficient at serving investors when they are investors themselves. So you're on a good path! Good luck! 

  • Investor · Kent, WA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Natalie Kolodij or anyone on this thread, do you have a recommendation for a real estate investor's CPA in or closer to Kent, WA?  Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.