New in Racine and looking for investments!

New in Racine and looking for investments!

Investor · Racine, WI · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 11 votes

Hello all! I am new to Racine just moved up here from Muncie Indiana. I had a crew of 4 in Muncie where I was investing and remodeling my flips and rentals. Things were going great there but we needed to move due to wife's employment. I still own 7 rentals in Muncie and plan to keep them. I would like to do the same up here get a crew going and find discounted distressed properties that I can fix and rent or flip. Taxes are considerably higher up here so I know my returns are going to be as good as in Indiana. I am looking to network and help out where I can. I am open to suggestions or ideas of where to go next.

Thanks

Joe

2Reply
63 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Poynette, WI · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 41 votes
6y

Both of my sons live in Milwaukee and are just getting started.  They've partnered with me on a few deals so far.  Might be able to get you a couple local contacts.  I've asked them to come out here and comment.

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Poynette, WI · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    Welcome to Sconnie!  I invest mostly north of Madison, but the area your now in could grow dramatically in the next few years - lots of commercial development, plus inflow from Chicagoland.  Don't let the taxes scare you - still lots of great returns to be had...

  • Investor · Racine, WI · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    Thanks Chris need to find my sweet spot here. Had it really dialed in back in Indiana. I’m out here looking hoping to meet and network with other investors. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Poynette, WI · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    Both of my sons live in Milwaukee and are just getting started.  They've partnered with me on a few deals so far.  Might be able to get you a couple local contacts.  I've asked them to come out here and comment.

  • Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Hey everyone! I am a newbie in every sense of the word when it comes to Real Estate, but I'm looking to network with others here locally on investment opportunities.  I'm in Northern IL, right over the IL/WI border, but would love to look for opportunities in WI.

  • Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    Hey Joe,

    Welcome to WI! As Chris mentioned, I've partnered with him for a few deals and also have a couple deals in Milwaukee with my brother.

    There is a Facebook group I am apart of with a lot of great connections for all aspects of investing in the area. I highly recommend joining this group to become better connected in the area.

    Search "Brew City REI Club" on Facebook Groups. https://www.facebook.com/groups/838882359575170/

    Would love to connect if you find yourself up in Milwaukee. 
    -Gerrit




  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2017 · 138 posts · 69 votes
    6y

    @Joe Marshall and @Jason Krivickas

    As Gerrit mentioned, the Brew City REI group on FB is a great resource. They also have meetups that are very worthwhile. The Milwaukee REIA is also really good.

    Jason, down your way I know there is a Kenosha REI. I've never been to one of their meetings but I know a few of the people in the group and they are very knowledgable.

  • Rental Property Investor · Oconomowoc, WI · Member since 2016 · 996 posts · 431 votes
    6y

    @Joe Marshall, Racine has some good opportunities right now. Brew City REI is a great FB group to join. SEWI (Southeastern Wisconsin Real Estate Investor Group) is good one as well. Smaller than Brew City but useful.

    If you are in the market for a realtor, consider reaching out to @Jason Roman.  I've worked with him for years. I have connections for insurance and other items as well if you need them.  I'm a local PM in the Kenosha/Racine area so please let me know if I can be of assistance to you.  

  • Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Pete Woelfel  Thank you for the info Pete! I'd definitely like to get involved in my immediate area (Kenosha and Racine), but also up thru the Milwaukee area as well.  I'd love to connect with anyone who is open to it...thanks!

  • Rebecca KnoxBusiness Member
    Specialist · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Joe Marshall Brew City REI Club & Training Cafe will be having an event next week Thursday. Details can be found in BiggerPockets under the EVENTS tab. Hope to see you at the meetup or future events.

    Captain Save-A-Home LLC
  • Realtor · Racine, WI · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    Hey Joe, welcome to Racine! My partner and I own a painting business in the area and aspiring real estate investors. Although our primary business is high end residential, we also work closely with investors and property managers in the Racine and Milwaukee area painting rentals and flips. We also offer some clean out services. We are in the process of trying to get our first investment properties, putting together plans and networking in the area. Would love to connect sometime!

    - Jason  

  • Rental Property Investor · Kenosha, WI · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    Welcome to Wisconsin @Joe Marshall! We're glad to have you in our friendly and highly motivated state. I have a SFH in Racine that does very well. That city has seen massive growth in the past and it looks as if its growing in the right direction once again. Feel free to reach out anytime, i'd love to assist anyway I can.

  • Specialist · Kenosha, WI · Member since 2019 · 52 posts · 42 votes
    6y

    Hey @Joe Marshall! Welcome to the area. You've picked a great spot to move to. I'm a full time investor in the Kenosha/Racine market and born and raised in Kenosha. There is so much growth happening in our area and it's really exciting to see. Right now I mainly focus on building our rental portfolio (SFH and multi-unit) along with renovating and also wholesaling. I'm also a licensed agent in WI.

    There are a few networking events/meetups that happen here in the Kenosha/Racine area. There is a free meetup ever first Wednesday of the month. The next one is March 4th at 7PM and located at Kenosha Brewing Co. There is a paid membership REIA called the WiscoREIA and that's every third Monday and that's held at 1175 Sports Park & Eatery in Kansasville (unincorporated community in Racine county). There's also the Kenosha Landlord Association that has a membership meeting every third Wednesday of the month @ the Fireside Lounge in Kenosha. Finally, there is the Southern Wisconsin Landlord Association that holds a membership meeting every third Monday @ Harbor Lite Yacht Club in Racine.

    Also, as Corina mentioned, there is a facebook group that has a lot of Kenosha/Racine investors/contractors/agents/etc. on it called the Southeastern Wisconsin Real Estate Investor Group. Great spot to ask questions, see what's developing in this area, and network. Let me know if you'd ever like to chat. Look forward to meeting you soon. :) 

  • Investor · Racine, WI · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    Wow! Thanks all for the information this is a great start. I look forward to connecting with everyone. Sounds like some good things are happening in Wisconsin.

    Cheers

    Joe Marshall

  • Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Mitch Ferraro! I don’t mean to impolitely intrude on the @Joe Marshall post, but is the meetup on the first Wednesday of the month open to anyone? I’m a new investor living right over the border in IL, but am very interested in looking for opportunities throughout the Kenosha/Racine area.

  • Specialist · Kenosha, WI · Member since 2019 · 52 posts · 42 votes
    6y

    @Jason Krivickas, no worries! :) Welcome to our side of the boarder. Yes, the first Wednesday of month meetup is open to anyone and is free. Also, if you go onto SEWI Real Estate Investor Group on Facebook you can see all the meetups and events there. Let me know if you have any other questions...happy to help. :)

  • Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Thank you @Mitch Ferraro!

  • Real Estate Agent · Elmhurst, IL · Member since 2016 · 153 posts · 36 votes
    6y

    Does anyone invest in Burlington  WI ?

  • Rental Property Investor · Oconomowoc, WI · Member since 2016 · 996 posts · 431 votes
    6y

    @Joe Marshall There used to be guy on here that invested in Burlington pretty heavily.  But I can't tag him anymore so I guess he doesn't have an account anymore. It is good area to invest really.  Some decent employment. Close to other populous areas like Elkohrn, East Troy, Waterford.  Downtown is nice area.  Has plenty of community activities. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Joe Marshall hello Joe! Welcome to Racine! You are going to absolutely love it up here during the summer time. My family has 96 years of history in Racine and we are looking at variety of real estate investing options in the area. I would be happy to meet you and offer my contacts as well as help with deals.

  • Investor · Racine, WI · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    Cool thanks @Jeremy Holleb I would be happy to connect! Lets get together once all this Coronavirus thing passes. I do have a flip/ rental under contract at the moment and looking forward to getting my hands dirty again.

    @Jeremy Holleb

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Joe Marshall that sounds good to me!

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Gerrit Bruni hi Gerrit! I just requested to join the brew city REI group! I look forward to meeting everyone!

  • Lender · Kenosha, WI · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Joe Marshall

    Hi Joe welcome to SE WIsconsin. I’m a PML out of Kenosha and it would be great to network with you and potentially partner with you on a future deal.

  • Lender · Kenosha, WI · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Jason Krivickas

    Hi Jason,

    I’m just on the WI side of the border m. I hope your RE investing is going well and it would be great to network with you.. I am a PML always looking for people to partner on deals with

  • New to Real Estate · Kenosha WI · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    Hello 👋 y'all. 
    I'm in the Kenosha area now. I was looking at multifamily places but I don't want to live in them. Which means higher down-payment(25-30%). So, i'm gonna be working on wholesaling real estate in the SEWI area to build up come cash and add a second source of income. I would love to connect with anyone in the area and build working relationships. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.