RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

Investor · Olive Branch, MS · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 18 votes

Has anyone applied for funds through the Rental Assistance Program in Mississippi?  Do you know if any of the funds have been disbursed at this point, or what the time line might be.

15Reply
27,271 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 23 votes
5y
Originally posted by @Account Closed:
Originally posted by @Khadiya Neketria Lee Smith:

I applied 6 weeks ago and haven’t received any funds. The online portal is suppose to help you track the status of your application, but mines still say application submitted after 6 weeks. I tried calling the toll free number and speaking to someone directly. They’re not disclosing any information. Just telling you to use the portal to monitor your application. 

 I applied for a tenant my app is now saying application pending approval is that a good sign 

 Yes! By tomorrow the application should say “Application in QC review”. My QC review took two days before the status was changed to “Application Approved”. 

See this reply in the discussion

2057 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Nyna Davis ok thank you 

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    You’re welcome 

  • Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Hello,

    I applied for assistance 10/28/21, does anyone know how long the process takes?

  • Member since 2021 · 71 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    It can take anywhere from a month to three months

  • Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    How long does review qc usually last

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    @Michael Jetters a week possibly 2 

  • Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    anybody get their utilities paid? got my rent up to 6mo but i had at least $260 for utilities and it still hasn't been paid 

  • Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    I've applied for rent assistance, how can I apply for the utility assistance because I don't see another application

  • Member since 2021 · 71 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    With utilities they didn't pay it to my light company they sent the check to me and I had to go pay it . It usually takes a little longer for them to pay the utilities

  • Member since 2021 · 71 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    They are both on same application you will have to wait till they pay your rent then recertify and add your utilities

  • Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Larry Crews.. thank you! 

  • Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Larry Crews:

    They are both on same application you will have to wait till they pay your rent then recertify and add your utilities

     Thank you!

  • Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Hello all!Just wanted to share some information that helped in my situation with RAMP.I have been waiting for a status update on my recertification application since August with no help by calling the call center.Tne only thing they can do is email the processors. My situation is time sensitive as everyone else but I felt like contacting them everyday was a waste of time. I couldn't get a response from the message portal either. So I emailed https://www.mshomecorp.com/hom... twice last week and finally received a call from a RAMP agent.I can't stress how professional and helpful this lady was to me. She updated everything within the call and processed my rental payment. My payments are now pending which doesn't mean my landlord will immediately receive payment but at least it's coming.  I'm not saying stop calling the call center but in my case utilizing the email on the website above appeared to work quicker especially if you have a time sensitive situation,for example already served with a eviction with a upcoming court date.Also, as soon as you receive your 1st payout,immediately reapply for recertification because it still takes a while for the recertification application to process. Another thing, it appears the rent and utilities are processed separately so you may or may not initially receive them together on your 1st payout. In my situation when I first applied I requested for my utilities and rent to be paid but my rent was only paid.I had to request utilities again on my recertification application and then they were paid.The entire process can be confusing and frustrating but hang in there and stay on them! I started calling and emailing everyday until I received a response from someone. Good luck everyone!

  • Member since 2021 · 71 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    That's just what I'm going to do thanks so much

  • Member since 2021 · 45 posts · 9 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    @Nichole Townsend Hey. Have your recertification updated any more? Do you remember when you did your recertification? How many weeks between that day and under review?

  • Member since 2021 · 35 posts · 10 votes
    4y

    My application says under QC review yet i have a payment schedule and my landlord says his portal reflects paid. What does this mean. Has the payment been sent?

  • Member since 2021 · 35 posts · 10 votes
    4y

    @Nichole Townsend 

    My application says under QC review yet i have a payment schedule and my landlord says his portal reflects paid. What does this mean. Has the payment been sent?

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    @Nichole Townsend no further update yet i did it on oct8th so it was over a Month before it went under review

  • Member since 2021 · 35 posts · 10 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    @Nichole Townsend no further update yet i did it on oct8th so it was over a Month before it went under review

     Mines is in QC review but payment schedule is posted and landlord says his portal says paid. What happens next

  • Member since 2021 · 45 posts · 9 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @DeMarquita A Brown:

    @Nichole Townsend 

    It most likely has. Mines updated to paid on a Tuesday morning. My landlord received a check on Thursday afternoon. I only live an hour from Jackson where the checks are coming from. That is probably why my landlord got hers quickly. When she received the check it was dated for October 26. So they are most definitely printing them when they update it to paid. 

  • Member since 2021 · 45 posts · 9 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    @Nichole Townsend ok. Thanks. 🤞🏾 Hopefully they hurry up. 

  • Member since 2021 · 35 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    ❤People how long after submitting your Recertification does it take for your status to change to Re-Certification In Review?❤

  • Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    All of my utilities and rent says processed as of 11/15. Any idea when I will receive funds? They are coming to me dd. Landlord did not want to participate. 

  • Member since 2021 · 71 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    I have been wondering that myself on when my recertication will change it's still saying paid and now my landlord wants to give me notice to vacate I have been here three years and he signed up for RAMP but not he isn't wanting to wait and is constantly texting me being rude about all this so I told him if he didn't want to wait then he shouldn't have signed up for it I just think he is being harmonal or being an *** one but I thought if he signed up for it then he wasn't supposed to keep threatening me about it

  • Member since 2021 · 35 posts · 10 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Nichole Townsend:
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    @Nichole Townsend Hey. Have your recertification updated any more? Do you remember when you did your recertification? How many weeks between that day and under review?

    @Nichole Townsend how long does it actually take to receive payment once you see the payment schedule. People have told me 4 weeks n that makes no sense for direct deposit.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.