RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

Investor · Olive Branch, MS · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 18 votes

Has anyone applied for funds through the Rental Assistance Program in Mississippi?  Do you know if any of the funds have been disbursed at this point, or what the time line might be.

15Reply
28,247 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 23 votes
5y
Originally posted by @Account Closed:
Originally posted by @Khadiya Neketria Lee Smith:

I applied 6 weeks ago and haven’t received any funds. The online portal is suppose to help you track the status of your application, but mines still say application submitted after 6 weeks. I tried calling the toll free number and speaking to someone directly. They’re not disclosing any information. Just telling you to use the portal to monitor your application. 

 I applied for a tenant my app is now saying application pending approval is that a good sign 

 Yes! By tomorrow the application should say “Application in QC review”. My QC review took two days before the status was changed to “Application Approved”. 

See this reply in the discussion

2057 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Langley:

    To all: I started this journey on 4/30 when I submitted my app. It took until last Tuesday 8/3  to receive the funds.

    If you are at this step:

    My application status read “application approved”

    Then after a week it read “ payment processing” there was a payment schedule with my landlord name under status. My landlord did not want to participate so I had uploaded a letter she signed stating she did not want to and then also uploaded my schedule form for my bank. You can find that firm under landlord info on the website for RAMP ERA. 
    One week after that the landlord name was gone and the payment schedule read “processed”

    I kept checking portal every day to see if it had updated. It took about a week after that for the money to go into my Acct. But, my status still reads “payment processing” 

    They paid for 4 months of back rent and one month ahead.

    I have reapplied for future payments, (using a different email address) and also the months that I needed back payment. I did not realize I could ask for back missed payments. You can go all the way back to 3/2020. 
    My utilities payment has still not been paid. I was told by customer service that it takes longer to process that portion. She asked if I had a disconnect date, which I did. Then she took my name, the date my electricity would be turned off and my Acct number to the utility and said she would forward this info to processor.
    I hope this helps y’all.

    I wasn’t asked to submit that she wouldn’t be participating will this hold up my money?  

  • Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Jayla Windham I was told by others and someone at customer service to upload a letter stating my landlord did hit wish to participate. Earlier in my application process I uploaded a letter that I wrote and then again another letter with my landlord’s signature. 
    I would call and ask? Just to be sure? It seems every application is different? 

  • Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Elaysha Maxwell

    I would say a week from the day it stated “processed” depending on your bank!

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Langley:

    @Jayla Windham I was told by others and someone at customer service to upload a letter stating my landlord did hit wish to participate. Earlier in my application process I uploaded a letter that I wrote and then again another letter with my landlord’s signature. 
    I would call and ask? Just to be sure? It seems every application is different? 

    Her name is still showing as if she’s participating so I’ll be sure to call them, thanks so much! 

  • Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Stephanie Langley It’s not coming to me it’s going to my landlord 

  • Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Jayla I hope I’ve helped! 

  • Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Elaysha then I would have your landlord check into the portal. She can see if it states “paid”?

    I would definitely think a week after it states “processed” next to the amount and the landlords name. It just depends now on when it said that!

  • Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 23 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Breona Pringle:

    Can we get assistance for another 3 months and how?

     Yes!!! I just reapplied. I got a message about recertification on my account letting me know I could reapply again. It ( the recertification message) should pop up after 3 months from the date that you first applied. 

    • Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 3 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Khadiya Neketria Lee Smith:
      Originally posted by @Breona Pringle:

      Can we get assistance for another 3 months and how?

       Yes!!! I just reapplied. I got a message about recertification on my account letting me know I could reapply again. It ( the recertification message) should pop up after 3 months from the date that you first applied. 

      @Breona Pringle Once you receive the recertification link and fill it out and upload it how will you know that they have received it 

  • Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Khadiya Neketria Lee Smith How long after payment has processed do it take to be paid

  • Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 23 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Elaysha Maxwell:

    @Khadiya Neketria Lee Smith How long after payment has processed do it take to be paid

     It took about 2 weeks for me

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    I just submitted my recertification app for the additional 3 months. Has anyone completed all this process yet? If so then how long did it take did it take as long as when we did the original application?

  • Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Khadiya Neketria Lee Smith Did you receive a approval email and the amount 

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Elaysha Maxwell how long have you been in approved status? Sunday made a week for me. My top says pending approval but bottoms says processed and Landlord status is paid. Yet, I’m still waiting for funds. Also, the lady said up to 4 weeks to receive payments. Mine are dated for the 6th of August. She also said once you receive the approval letter with the amount you should receive it soon after. 

  • Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 23 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Elaysha Maxwell:

    @Khadiya Neketria Lee Smith Did you receive a approval email and the amount 

    No. I never got an emails saying I was approved or for how much. I just happened to login one day and there was a schedule with my landlords name and the amount I was getting. 

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    How long  does it take to know if you’re approved. My status just says applications submitted 8/6/2021.. My landlord said she sent a email on her end.

  • Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Kayla Mae My status is payment being processed beside payment is processed and I received my email today the lady in customer service said once I received my email it would be paid out 

  • Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    My Application has been paid 

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y
    How long after it said processed, did you receive payment?
    Originally posted by @Elaysha Maxwell:

    My Application has been paid 

  • Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    5y
  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y
    Ok thanks!
    Originally posted by @Elaysha Maxwell:

    @Yolanda Wright 1 week 

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    @Elaysha Maxwell were you asking for back payments?

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Elaysha Maxwell did you receive a letter and get your payout the same day? 

  • Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Has anyone got their rent and utilities paid will they tell you at the same time about paying both bills or do they do it one at a time.

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    After the status reads “application has been paid” when will the funds reach account? 

  • Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Nyna Davis No back payments only future and @Kayla Mae Yes when I received email I received payment 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.