RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

Investor · Olive Branch, MS · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 18 votes

Has anyone applied for funds through the Rental Assistance Program in Mississippi?  Do you know if any of the funds have been disbursed at this point, or what the time line might be.

15Reply
28,141 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 23 votes
5y
Originally posted by @Account Closed:
Originally posted by @Khadiya Neketria Lee Smith:

I applied 6 weeks ago and haven’t received any funds. The online portal is suppose to help you track the status of your application, but mines still say application submitted after 6 weeks. I tried calling the toll free number and speaking to someone directly. They’re not disclosing any information. Just telling you to use the portal to monitor your application. 

 I applied for a tenant my app is now saying application pending approval is that a good sign 

 Yes! By tomorrow the application should say “Application in QC review”. My QC review took two days before the status was changed to “Application Approved”. 

See this reply in the discussion

2057 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Susan Maneck

    In your experience,  if your processor messages to tell you your application is approved but status still says under review, its just a matter of time now right and they'll release the money? Obviously you can't say 100% but have you seen or heard of any time they suddenly reversed their decision once they approved it?

    anyone else with any experience of that?

  • Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Keke Cooper:

    Any updates?


     Have been on on awaiting landlord completion outreach since Jan 08 and I have submitted the documentation requested still the same status and I got a message from my processor on Thursday saying the last w9 document is wat he is reviewing last so wat will be my status after that ?


  • Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    @Evelyn Jensen Did your application ever go to under review?

  • Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Tasha Mac:

    @Evelyn Jensen Did your application ever go to under review?

    I don’t usually check status because I didn’t believe it was real till on the 28th of January when I got a mail that there is a message on the portal and I check it was requesting from some doc that said it will be signed by my landlord and He received same email and it asked for ach form and his w9 
    Ok
  • Member since 2022 · 28 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Nicholas Jackson:

    @Susan Maneck

    In your experience,  if your processor messages to tell you your application is approved but status still says under review, its just a matter of time now right and they'll release the money? Obviously you can't say 100% but have you seen or heard of any time they suddenly reversed their decision once they approved it?

    anyone else with any experience of that?


  • Member since 2022 · 28 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Yes.. Mine reversed a hour after it was pending approved . It has been on under Review for a month and 3 weeks. I has called and talked to different people and all they keep saying is that they gonna send it over. I has sent several messages over to my processor and they want even messages me back. IDK what the hell they got going on. But I really needs to pay my landlord. This lady has been dam good to me

  • Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    I was wondering has any did recertification twice.

  • Member since 2022 · 28 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    My processor want even answer my messages back

  • Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Susan Maneck:

    @Nicholas Jackson

    If a tenant tells me they are going to be late I always ask them "how late?" Normally I will wait until that period is up. If they haven't paid me by then, that's when I issue a three day notice. If they say they are going to be two weeks late then I would demand a partial payment up front. I don't want to let them get a month behind because it takes three weeks to get a court case once you file and their deposit only covers a month's rent at most. Tenants who get a month behind in my experience, will never catch up. This was all pre-pandemic. Post-pandemic I have given people more slack if I knew their situation was Covid-related, partially because I knew federal aid was coming and I could afford to be patient. No, I would never consider raising rent by $200 but I've seen apartment complexes do this mostly in the beginning of the third year of occupancy.  Mississippi laws are all landlord friendly and do next to nothing to protect tenants.  In fact I bought my first property in Mississippi when they did that in the apartment complex where I was living in in Ridgeland. I did the math and figured it would be cheaper to buy. Mind you, I stayed about a month and a half after my lease expired because the close kept getting delayed and I paid them the old amount. They took the money and didn't object but I didn't get my deposit back so it came out about even. (I had to leave one room dirty because I had a plane to catch.) To be honest before this year the only time I raised rent on a tenant was when they made me mad by not taking their trampoline down when I said they couldn't have it (insurance reasons.) Because of what happened with property values and rents recently I am raising rents when leases expire now but only by about $25 a month which means they are still well below current market rates, so no one is going to move. A landlord's biggest expense is turnover so normally we want to keep tenants as long as possible. If you have a lease I'm not sure how they could increase what you owe by any amount whatsoever until the lease expires. Or are you saying they are increasing it by that much when the lease ends? In California you have to give 60 days notice to raise the rent but in Mississippi they only need 30 days. Mind you, I only own houses. When it is a multi-unit property or there is a property manager involved things are going to be much stricter and less personal. A property manager isn't going to want to mess with partial payments like I did when I lived in walking distance from most of my tenants. Since I'm now living in California whenever one of my houses goes vacant or I need to do an eviction, the property gets turned over to my property manager. I've actually only got one property left that I'm managing myself and that's the one where I get my rent three months in advance from federal funds. 

  • Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    My portal has been saying application paid since the beginning of January and I have not received a check. I called and was told twice that they're sending a message to the processor. Nothing since and no one responds to.messages in the portal. Anyone else app said paid for a month before getting funds?

  • Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kaljorious Green:

    Yes.. Mine reversed a hour after it was pending approved . It has been on under Review for a month and 3 weeks. I has called and talked to different people and all they keep saying is that they gonna send it over. I has sent several messages over to my processor and they want even messages me back. IDK what the hell they got going on. But I really needs to pay my landlord. This lady has been dam good to me

    Thanks for the information. I don't know if this can help you or maybe help someone else but what I ended up doing was going on the Mississippi Home Corporation website and reached out to them directly.

    Contact MHC

    Hopefully I did the link right. If you go to the bottom of that page then fill out the form to contact them. I just explained exactly what was happening for me. They responded the next day asking for my application ID so save yourself the trouble and include it in your message to them. Once I supplied my ID I had information from them letting me know my app had been assigned a processor. Before this I hadn't gotten a word out of them and I've never been successful in contacting them by phone even after staying on hold twice for an hour and half each time. So this definitely helped in my situation. As to my question earlier, I actually received a message from my processor through the ramp portal just this morning stating my application is approved however my official status according to the portal still sits on "application under review". I just have to think that since the processor says it's approved that the current status must not really carry much weight. Hopefully this helps someone else and I'll update if/when more info comes through for me. Best wishes to everyone out there trying and hoping and praying for this relief. You're definitely not alone.


  • Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Danelle Harrison:

    Contact MHC

    Try filling this out. It was the first time I even got a response from a human being since I started this process and seems to have gotten the ball rolling for us anyways. Best wishes


  • Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Hope Washington:
    I submitted my application for Ramp Era November 12, 2021, then is was reviewed on January 7, 2022 and it has been in “Application under review” since January 7th. How will I know if something is needed or how long will it take to be approved?

    I’ve called the number provider and they can’t seem to tell me anything but the application is under review! Duh, I know that already!

     My processor requested that I turn in 2 other forms. The request came through the portals messaging system. I would think that it would be the same for anyone else. If they need more info or you to submit any extra forms that they'll post a message in the ramp portal. Hope that helps some small little bit. Wish I could help get your funds but apparently that takes an act of God

  • Member since 2022 · 30 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    @Nicholas Jackson

    Yes I’ve emailed them like 4-5 times never got a response but I just emailed them again just now so just hoping maybe they will respond back this time.! Thank you for insight!!

  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Eric Banjo Camardelle:

    I have a tenant requesting this right now, but I stopped my application when it asked for SSN.  I am following this thread to see if it is legit or not. 

    @DMarquitta Brown 

    Did your landlord ever receive payment as of yet ? And if so was it by check or ACH ? I’m going through the same thing with my landlord and payments it only shows 2 payments as if that’s all that was paid and she also received the test deposit 2/13 and the status changed to batched 2/14 but still nothing 

  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    4y
    Quote from @DeMarquita A Brown:
    2 PROCESSED PAYMENTS BOTH HAVE A DATE OF JANUARY 27TH. JUST WENT TO BATCHED ABOUT 3 OR 4 DAYS AGO. LANDLORD RECEIVED PENNY DEPOSIT 5 DAYS AGO. HOW MUCH LONGER BEFORE PAYMENT IS RECEIVED

  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    4y
    Quote from @DeMarquita A Brown:
    2 PROCESSED PAYMENTS BOTH HAVE A DATE OF JANUARY 27TH. JUST WENT TO BATCHED ABOUT 3 OR 4 DAYS AGO. LANDLORD RECEIVED PENNY DEPOSIT 5 DAYS AGO. HOW MUCH LONGER BEFORE PAYMENT IS RECEIVED

    @DMarquitta Brown

    Did your landlord ever receive payment as of yet ? And if so was it by check or ACH ? I’m going through the same thing with my landlord and payments it only shows 2 payments as if that’s all that was paid and she also received the test deposit 2/13 and the status changed to batched 2/14 but still nothing


  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    4y
    Quote from @DeMarquita A Brown:
    2 PROCESSED PAYMENTS BOTH HAVE A DATE OF JANUARY 27TH. JUST WENT TO BATCHED ABOUT 3 OR 4 DAYS AGO. LANDLORD RECEIVED PENNY DEPOSIT 5 DAYS AGO. HOW MUCH LONGER BEFORE PAYMENT IS RECEIVED

    @DMarquitta Brown

    Did your landlord ever receive payment as of yet ? And if so was it by check or ACH ? I’m going through the same thing with my landlord and payments it only shows 2 payments as if that’s all that was paid and she also received the test deposit 2/13 and the status changed to batched 2/14 but still nothing


  • Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Does anyone know the max number of months they’ll pay for?


  • Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Carmen Jones:
    Does anyone know the max number of months they’ll pay for?



     12 months plus 3 additional months for a total of 15 months

  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    Does anyone know if batched is the last step before payment ?

  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    @Account Closed

    Thank you so much dear also I was wondering if you know how they pay out ? I applied for 6 mos of back pay with my rent but I show 2 amounts with paid and processed out beside it . I'm wondering are those the only 2 payments that they made? and if so how do I apply for the remaining amount that is still past due ?

  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Nyna Davis:

    Finally got someone on the phone after 30 mins holding. They told me why i only got 1 month payment BUT they did say my recertification is under review already(hopefully that’s true). 

    @Nyna Davis 

    Can you please tell me why you only received 1 month of payment ? Mine show only 2 payments when it should've been 6 . How did you get the remaining amount of your back pay ?

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Charlene McCray:
    Quote from @Nyna Davis:

    Finally got someone on the phone after 30 mins holding. They told me why i only got 1 month payment BUT they did say my recertification is under review already(hopefully that’s true). 

    @Nyna Davis 

    Can you please tell me why you only received 1 month of payment ? Mine show only 2 payments when it should've been 6 . How did you get the remaining amount of your back pay ?

    They only gave one because the date on the paperwork made it seem that i was Only living here for a month so i had To recertify for the other months requested
  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Nyna Davis:
    Quote from @Charlene McCray:

    ok gotcha so how long did you have to wait to reapply for the back pay and did it take a long time to process ? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.