RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

RAMP/ERA Program in Mississippi

Investor · Olive Branch, MS · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 18 votes

Has anyone applied for funds through the Rental Assistance Program in Mississippi?  Do you know if any of the funds have been disbursed at this point, or what the time line might be.

15Reply
28,092 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 23 votes
5y
Originally posted by @Account Closed:
Originally posted by @Khadiya Neketria Lee Smith:

I applied 6 weeks ago and haven’t received any funds. The online portal is suppose to help you track the status of your application, but mines still say application submitted after 6 weeks. I tried calling the toll free number and speaking to someone directly. They’re not disclosing any information. Just telling you to use the portal to monitor your application. 

 I applied for a tenant my app is now saying application pending approval is that a good sign 

 Yes! By tomorrow the application should say “Application in QC review”. My QC review took two days before the status was changed to “Application Approved”. 

See this reply in the discussion

2057 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 45 posts · 9 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    When did you apply? I am trying to see how long this process might take.

  • Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Nichole Townsend

    I had both! I originally uploaded with my application a letter I wrote stating my landlord did not wish to participate. Later I added a letter I wrote and had her sign. I wanted to be sure they had EVERYTHING because it took over 3 months to even hear from them.

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    @Nichole Townsend i applied 8/9/21 went to under review on 8/6 & changed again to that today

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    @Nichole Townsend i meant Went to under review on 9/6/21 

  • Member since 2021 · 45 posts · 9 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Stephanie Langley:

    @Nichole Townsend

    Thank you. 

  • Member since 2021 · 45 posts · 9 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    @Nichole Townsend ok. Yours moved faster than most. That is great. Thanks for your help.

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    @Nichole Townsend you’re welcome my landlord told us if you aren’t behind on rent it only takes a month to process if you are it could take over 3 months

  • Member since 2021 · 45 posts · 9 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    @Nichole Townsend ok. I work at a school. And we keep having to be off due to so many cases. They told us about this program to help assist us. So, I just started my process Tuesday. I did one month of back time.  So, hopefully mines will just process. I think they should have at least offered 6 months for future payments at a time if you didn't have too many back payments.

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    @Nichole Townsend it may not take long since it’s only 1 month behind some are asking for back pay all the way back to 2020. &They really should especially since it takes time to get approved for it that would make more sense.

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    @Nichole Townsend mine now says in QC review it’s moving pretty fast now. 

  • Member since 2021 · 45 posts · 9 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    @Nichole Townsend That is great. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. Lol, mines still say application submitted! I will be there for a while. 

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    @Nichole Townsend I’m hoping It won’t be long. Just wanna give others a time period of how this process can go

  • Member since 2021 · 45 posts · 9 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    @Nichole Townsend well, thank you. I really appreciate your help and best wishes that things continue to progress for you and others, and myself. 🙏🏽

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    @Nichole Townsend thank you same to you 🙏🏽

  • Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Can someone tell me the steps to do the recertification because I don’t know what I’m doing 

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    I applied in May and the portal has been saying mines is under review for 6 weeks.

  • Member since 2021 · 64 posts · 6 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    @Tawanda Leonard you’re right i just Hate to yo get behind on the rent…  Im still praying yours updates soon as well.

     Thank you

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    @Tawanda Leonard any update yet?

  • Member since 2021 · 64 posts · 6 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    @Tawanda Leonard any update yet?

     No ma'am.  I've emailed 3 times.  Called yesterday and couldn't get thru

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    @Tawanda Leonard that’s ridiculous they should tell you something at least 

  • Member since 2021 · 64 posts · 6 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Nyna Davis:

    @Tawanda Leonard that’s ridiculous they should tell you something at least 

     That's all I ask

  • Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Im a landlord and it takes about a month and a half for everything to finally go thru. Good thing is once it FINALLY starts moving your case it goes pretty fast. Good luck you guys. 

  • Member since 2021 · 135 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    @Jewelry Whetstone thank you for that information 

  • Member since 2021 · 64 posts · 6 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jewelry Whetstone:

    Im a landlord and it takes about a month and a half for everything to finally go thru. Good thing is once it FINALLY starts moving your case it goes pretty fast. Good luck you guys. 

    Gives me hope

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    From what I've learned, there's 1,000 application's per reviewer, which is why there isn't a timeframe from what a supervisor told me. I didn't participate with my tenants but just wanted to get more information. 

    Now I did learn is that why we're on hold for a while is because people are calling for status updates for their accounts, but they can already see any update online? I called Friday, complaining to the representative that I was on hold for quite a while, but they were very nice and gave me all of the information that they could, they said they are very limited to the info that they can see apparently? And that the call place was made in the first place to help people with apps, not information on the accounts? I don't know. My tenants show me their status's when they come by, so I'm sure the call place is overwhelmed with calls. 

    I hope some of this information helps.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.