Decatur Al - Good, Bad and the Ugly!

Decatur Al - Good, Bad and the Ugly!

Rental Property Investor · Fremont, CA · Member since 2016 · 299 posts · 222 votes

Hello my fellow Huntsville investors!

Starting this post after getting outbid on multiple properties in Huntsville over the last 3-4 months. I completely understand why someone is ok paying over asking given the low interest rates and some of the growth metrics for huntsville.

I wanted get some input from other investors about Decatur AL. There have been few forum discussions in the past but nothing in the recent months and I thought may be its a good time to have one.

The good thing is that it is closer to Huntsville and people are expecting some of the crazy growth in Huntsville will flow into Decatur and I have few investor friends who are actively doing flips there and say that the numbers make more sense there. But the population and other numbers are fairly flat for the last 5 years so I am not sure if it is really having a positive impact.

Would love to know what other investors think about decatur? Go or No Go?

Regards,

Gorden

0Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y

We just bought two apartments here. Its a great secret once sleeper town with the new toyota/masda plant.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jeff HendersonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2020 · 44 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Full disclosure- I do not own property in Decatur but have looked at that area for investments. It has limited rental availability so it may be a good area if you find a good property. I would also consider Athens, Al. as well. Both cities will be close to Toyota-Mazda , Polaris and Target distribution center as well as easy drive to Huntsville. Hope this helps.

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    We just bought two apartments here. Its a great secret once sleeper town with the new toyota/masda plant.

  • Rental Property Investor · Fremont, CA · Member since 2016 · 299 posts · 222 votes
    6y

    @Jeff Henderson

    Thanks Jeff!

  • Rental Property Investor · Fremont, CA · Member since 2016 · 299 posts · 222 votes
    6y

    Hi @Lane Kawaoka

    Great to hear that! What zip your apartments in? I just put an offer on a quad in Decatur lets see how it goes.

    Would love to chat with you about your investments. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2020 · 47 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Jeff Henderson thanks for your insights....I’d like to get your thoughts on getting started in this market....would you be open to a discussion?

  • Jeff HendersonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2020 · 44 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    @Todd Atkinson sure no problem. I can DM you contact info (I think?).

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.