Chandler/Gilbert/Mesa AZ connections

Chandler/Gilbert/Mesa AZ connections

Rental Property Investor · Waikapu, HI · Member since 2018 · 305 posts · 197 votes

Aloha everyone,

My partner and I are looking to start moving into multifamily properties in the Mesa/Gilbert/Chandler area of Arizona. We are currently invested in short term rentals out here in Maui and have a few single family rentals in Las Vegas.  We are actively looking to get into the market in Arizona and would love to connect with quality contractors and handymen (or women), property managers, lenders, brokers, realtors, wholesalers and of course other investors in the area. 

If any of that sounds like you, please reach out and let's connect!  

Also, I'm a landscape photographer by trade, and while I've spent a lot of time in Northern Arizona (mostly up by Page), I've never been outside the Phoenix airport. I would love to connect with others in the area who are passionate about the outdoors, hiking, exploring, adventuring, etc. So again, if that sounds like you, please connect with me!

Thank you so much!

2Reply
208 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2018 · 412 posts · 366 votes
6y

Hi @Mike Neubauer welcome to investing in Arizona!

Because of the pandemic, a lot of REI meet ups have gone virtual, making it easier for you to participate from afar. Tomorrow night, 6/8, is the monthly meeting of AZREIA. The meeting will start with a market update from everybody's favorite local analyst, Tina Tamboer of the Cromford Report, and then will move into an update from a property manager, lender, etc. Might be an ideal time for you to jump in and learn who some of the players are as well as get up-to-the-minute insights on investing here. Go to AZREIA.org to become a member so you can attend. They also have subgroup meetings on Fix & Flip, Buy & Hold, etc. Well worth the money for the time it will save you in connecting with more people.

As far as wholesalers go, there are so many here. Steve Trang has a local meetup called Real Estate Disruptors, which is also the name of his excellent podcast. The monthly meetings are packed with the top wholesalers in town. You can follow him on Instagram at steve.trang He developed an app called OfferFast that's designed to serve as a kind of MLS for wholesale deals. Available in AZ and TX for now.

Another resource is PHX REIA, which is not connected to AZREIA. A hotbed of wholesalers and investors. Best place to connect with them now is through their Facebook page.

My brokerage, which was founded by an investor and serves many investor clients, has a wholesale division, Tru Wholesale. You can sign up for the email list at https://truwholesalehouses.com/

Hopefully this will get you started.

Maybe I'll see you on the AZREIA monthly meeting on Monday night.

Melanie

See this reply in the discussion

37 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 24 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    Hey @Mike Neubauer my business partner and I are actively investing in the greater Phoenix area in both residential and commercial. There's a lot of opportunity and I'd be more than happy to make some introductions to tradesmen, wholesalers, Realtors etc. Also, we have deals come across our desk that we don't pull the trigger on that depending on your criteria might be a fit.

  • Rental Property Investor · Oceanside, CA · Member since 2019 · 46 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    @Andrew Daus keep me posted on your progress!

  • Rental Property Investor · Waikapu, HI · Member since 2018 · 305 posts · 197 votes
    6y

    @Trent Ellingford hey Trent, that would be great! I’ve got a spreadsheet with a few contacts but definitely could use some more. I’m on a few wholesale lists too but always looking for more. Yeah for sure, let’s connect and talk story. Thanks for reaching out!

  • Contractor · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Hey @Mike Neubauer

    I’m a Mesa native and currently am a construction superintendent for a local General Contractor. I manage and supervise most of our jobs which range from small handyman jobs to full scale remodels and additions. We also do new builds as well. My wife and I are looking to get into RE investing and have been listening to bigger pockets and going to meet ups for some time now. I would love to connect with you and see if I could help you in anyway. I know Mesa pretty well having lived here for 30 years. We also love the outdoors and hiking and such. We own a travel trailer that we rent out as a little side business and have taken it to explore lots of Arizona. I grew up camping, hiking, shooting, trail running and such. Let me know if you’d I could help in anyway and I’d be happy to connect.

  • Rental Property Investor · Waikapu, HI · Member since 2018 · 305 posts · 197 votes
    5y

    Aloha @David Stock!

    Thanks for reaching out!  I would love to connect with you and talk a little bit about what you see out there. I've got a property in Gilbert that I will be rehabbing when I get out there, and would love to get some thoughts on. As I currently live in Hawaii, I haven't been to PHX area so I don't know the south east valley very well other than what I've seen on Zillow. hahaha... However, I'm actively looking for more deals in the area and will definitely need more resources such as the skills you might be able to provide. I'd also be happy to have some conversations with you and share what I know about real estate investing. I'm not the most advanced investor ever, but I'm learning a lot and have done a handful of deals.  Message me when you have some time and maybe we can connect by phone. Thanks David!

    Aloha,

    Mike

  • Real Estate Agent · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2020 · 36 posts · 29 votes
    5y

    @Mike Neubauer I am a Top 1% realtor in the East Valley, but who cares.

    You mentioned wanting to meet up with folks that like doing outdoors stuff. That’s me too.

    Let’s mountain bike or hike when you’re in town. There’s some great spots here brother!

  • Rental Property Investor · Waikapu, HI · Member since 2018 · 305 posts · 197 votes
    5y

    @Jason Crittenden sweet. And sweet! Thanks Jason, I’d love that! Do you focus on residential or commercial properties in particular? It probably won’t be until August before I get out there but for sure would love to keep the conversation going and meet up with you when I do arrive.

    Mountain biking sounds like a blast and I’m always game for a hike! Thanks for reaching out, braddah!

    Aloha!

  • Rental Property Investor · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2020 · 75 posts · 39 votes
    5y

    Hey @Mike Neubauer, good to see you making more steps into the market here! How are your moving plans shaping up? Ours are the same!

    I’m connected with a bunch of wholesalers and others looking for buyers. Not sure how many are doing MF. Are SF properties off the table completely? Would better cash flow be what entices? If you let me know some specifics of where you want, what price range, other details, I can put the word out there and connect you. Are you open to creative financing deals, like being assigned subject to or seller finance deals? Lots of those going on in my network. Hoping to be scoring some of those deals myself here soon! Still doing it from afar here in PNG!

  • Rental Property Investor · Waikapu, HI · Member since 2018 · 305 posts · 197 votes
    5y

    @Geoff Husa hey Geoff, glad to hear you’re still on track! I am as well. I should be out there in August. MF is still ideal, but SF is not off the table. For SF to work though for me I’m being pretty picky. I want waterfront homes in The Islands, Val Vista or Ocotillo where I can add value and pick up at a good price. Possibly Dobson Ranch, but not sure. Obviously these are harder to come by, but because I’m not super familiar with the area yet, I’m focusing on these. The only other option that might entice me is another good location home with a casita.

    Thanks for thinking of me! I’d love to link up with any wholesalers you’ve got. Enjoy the PNG!

    Aloha!

  • Developer · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi All,

    I've recently moved to Chandler and am in the process of purchasing a 4-family in Phoenix with a line of credit, renovating, stabilizing, and finishing with a cash-out re-fi for a long term hold. I'd like to start a relationship with a smaller local lender in the area that can take care of the re-fi at 75% LTV and hold my operating accounts. Any suggestions out there for a lender/bank?

    Thanks in advance!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.