Huge LA rental near USC - Best Listing Website\Strategy

Huge LA rental near USC - Best Listing Website\Strategy

Investor · Inglewood, CA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 6 votes
Hello BP- I own quite a few rentals but have never experienced trouble finding renters fast - especially in this hot LA market. I have a 4 bedroom rental that I am targeting to low income families (section 8 would be preferable). I have had this apartment listed for 2 weeks but still haven't found a serious renter!! We updated the tile in the kitchen and made various renovations. I am puzzled as to why this apt isn't selling fast... it's priced at $2300/m and is 2000 square feet. It's not in a good part of town but even so, renters are in abundance over here (near USC). Does anyone have any ideas where i can market this unit? I tried Craigslist and GoSection8.com already.... Thanks!
0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 60 posts · 20 votes
9y

I suggest contacting some of your community housing agencies. If you are open to having mental health clients who have section 8, I can get you a list of housing liaisons that work for LA County Dept. of mental Health.  i work for DMH and we have an entire program dedicated to helping our clients with housing and supportive services.  There are also community agencies that help Section 8 voucher  holders find housing. Two off the top of my head are Long Beach Multiservice Center and Harbor Interfaith in San pedro.  PM me if you want more info.  Good luck

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    You can try PadMapper. There is also west side rentals but it costs a decent amount monthly. I think refreshing your Craigslist add is your best bet and maybe hold an open house this weekend. That's a bargain in LA but I guess that's because the area isn't nice. Could you target students?
  • Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 60 posts · 20 votes
    9y

    I suggest contacting some of your community housing agencies. If you are open to having mental health clients who have section 8, I can get you a list of housing liaisons that work for LA County Dept. of mental Health.  i work for DMH and we have an entire program dedicated to helping our clients with housing and supportive services.  There are also community agencies that help Section 8 voucher  holders find housing. Two off the top of my head are Long Beach Multiservice Center and Harbor Interfaith in San pedro.  PM me if you want more info.  Good luck

  • Real Estate Broker · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    Hello Lauren, I would suggest using zillow property manager. That website syndicates to zillow, trulia and hotpads. Hotpads is a great website for generating leads. Just make sure you check your inbox from time to time because it will occasionally send you a lead without notifying you by email. 

  • Investor · Inglewood, CA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 6 votes
    9y
    Thank you so much for all your replies. I called Harbor Interfaith today and they referred me to a separate program that helps section 8 families find housing. I still have not found a tenant but I am hopeful that this lead will help bring someone reliable to fill the unit. I also had already signed up for the gosection8.com professional package which pushes my ad to zillow automatically. Didn't have much luck with that, since the target market for this zip code doesn't rely on zillow to find apartments. I guess time will tell. Anyhow, I'll let you know how it goes. Thx
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.