Finding deals that meet 70% rule: Mission Impossible?

Finding deals that meet 70% rule: Mission Impossible?

Woodland Hills, CA · Member since 2016 · 98 posts · 40 votes
Fellow BPers in Los Angeles and environs, I've been doing deal analysis for MONTHS and cannot find properties that meet that 70% rule for fix and flip and BRRR. I'm wondering if these can only be found off market and through wholesalers? I'm ready to reach out to HMLs and then push the button on a property, but I can't find any! Am I doing something wrong, or just being impatient? Granted, my LA realtor hasn't set me upon the MLS yet so I'm sort of wading through Redfin, etc. but still, just doing analysis you'd think I could find something that would work. Maybe LA is just not in the cards for me? Seems a shame because I grew up in the San Fernando Valley and know it pretty well. Investing elsewhere would be a learning curve AND a commute for my first property. I am also looking in the Phoenix area since I lived there for a few years, but my heart is in making the Valley a better place, one home at a time. Thanks, everyone!
1Reply
56 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 399 posts · 174 votes
9y

@Ariou B.

70% rule: PP = 70% x ARV - Rehab

So, in your case:   $615 = 70% x $879 - 0.0

Unless your rehab is zero you are not following the 70% rule.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 41 posts · 20 votes
    9y

    I agree it really depends on the market. I'd say your best bet is to go to real estate networking groups in the LA area and see what kind of deals other people are getting and if that's sustainable.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.