Real Estate agent in the works.. which broker would be best?

Real Estate agent in the works.. which broker would be best?

Glendale, CA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 4 votes

Hi! I'm working on getting my license in CA, i live in Glendale and have completed 100 hrs out of the 135 hrs required. I currently have a full time job and I want to start as an agent part time for now. The question is; which brokers are best for me to consider? that will allow me to start as a part timer and that have competitive training for a newbie like me?  

thanks in advance for your help!

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
6y

Recommend Aaroe!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Recommend Aaroe!

  • Glendale, CA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Erica Calvo thanks for your suggestion!! is this who you mean: John Aaroe Group Real Estate? are you an agent yourself?

  • Real Estate Agent · Valencia, CA · Member since 2013 · 26 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Intero Real Estate. They offer lots of training and support compared to the two other Brokerages I was with. 

  • Glendale, CA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Sergio Alvarez:

    Intero Real Estate. They offer lots of training and support compared to the two other Brokerages I was with. 

    Thanks Sergio, they are located in Northridge, CA right? how about being only Part time? you see that being an issues with them?

  • Real Estate Agent · Valencia, CA · Member since 2013 · 26 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    No issue being PT. They have other offices. Corona, Rancho Cucamonga, Downey. 

  • Glendale, CA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    awesome! thanks! @Sergio Alvarez

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Yes, I was but I'm not doing it anymore.

  • Realtor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 952 posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Ricardo Saenz, I’m also about 100 hours in, and I’m considering the cloud-based brokerage eXp.

    Tangential question: do you have any idea when the DRE is going to begin holding exams again? I’m worried we won’t be able to sit for the exam until... next year?

  • Glendale, CA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    6y
    @Jon Schwartz:   Congrats on making it that far man! I was also considering eXp but I've heard great things about Keller Williams and their training program. but we'll see. how's the training with eXp?


    and i had noticed that there was availability until Sept for LA county but that is now gone. there is still availability for Sept in San Diego, if you want to drive. but i can't even make an appointment because they haven't processed my application yet, I sent it back in 06/29/20 :( here is a link where you can check Live what is available: https://secure.dre.ca.gov/PublicASP/CurrentExams.asp

  • Morris County, NJ · Member since 2020 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Ricardo Saenz

    I think it depends on what sort of environment you are looking for. I understand that eXp is very hands-off as part of its clouds based system. But, you can hop in virtually and take part in anything. However, it’s all virtual, so great for that “stereotypical millennial. But, where is that face to face interaction (Covid-19 notwithstanding) or even phone chat? How do you find a mentor? Otherwise, I’m pretty sure hands-down it has one of the best compensation pkgs due to their business practice and relatively low overhead (actually, I see it’s sort of passed onto the agents with their higher fees)

    I hear KW is near the opposite of eXp. KW is extremely structured with meetings, metrics, etc.

    A traditional franchise brokerage will vary with how the broker runs their office.

    I hope that helps. Good luck

  • Glendale, CA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @David M. that actually does help a lot! thanks for taking the time!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.