Looking for insurance broker recommendations in San Francisco

Looking for insurance broker recommendations in San Francisco

San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 3 votes

Closing on a duplex that we will be house-hacking in.

Trying to figure out insurance.  

Looking for a great insurance broker who is experienced in handling house-hack situations.

We may short-term-rent our primary-residence unit within SF regulations (up to 90 days a year), which we will also want to account for with insurance (been looking through posts here about some insurance companies cancelling people's homeowner's policies when they hear about STR setups so want to make sure we're above board and with a supportive insurance company).

Is using an insurance broker the best approach for sorting through this?

Any tips/recommendations/referrals would be greatly appreciated!!

0Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2015 · 269 posts · 189 votes
    8y

    I use All Spectrum for all my properties @Bruce Mac. They're fast and responsive. I use them for all my properties. They should be able to help you and quote out just about any scenario you can think of. I just tried to post their contact info and looks like that's a no no on BP. Msg me and I'll send you their email and phone numbers.

  • Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Bruce, Especially because you do not have an existing relationship with anybody, I must suggest that when doing your research make sure to ask for references from folks that have actually filed a claim with the carrier that you are interested in.  Insurance companies like cashing checks. They do not like writing checks. Several years ago we had a small fire in a tenant's unit and wish we had had this advice before. I will leave it at that. 

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Dan Redmond, definitely great advice!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.