Beginner investor in NJ. What route should I take?

Beginner investor in NJ. What route should I take?

Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 5 votes

Hello,

I purchased my first 2fam home with 2 other partners (living in one unit). I have 100k saved up and looking to purchase a 2nd home. Should I go conventional or DSCR? I'm looking into multi fam in north / central Jersey. Any suggestions or guidance would be great.

Thank you 

3Reply
23 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    I would go conventional if you can.

  • Shawn McenteerBusiness Member
    Realtor · Boonton Township, NJ · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hi @Max Fajardo sounds like you may qualify for low money down conventional which is a great way to go. My wife and I have never put more than 10% down on a house hack, most of the time it is 5%. You'll get much better rate with owner occupied loan. Even better news is there are a few lenders out there that offer no PMI with these types of loans, jaw dropping stuff.

    House Hacking New Jersey563 Reviews
  • Vic MedinaPro Member
    Carmel, NY · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    @Shawn Mcenteer Interesting - any insight on where to find those lenders? Looking at doing this right now in NJ

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.