Private Money, Deals, Down-payments, and D-bags

1 Reply

Hello, I have got a few really quick questions about communicating with someone who has private money for real estate available. I found this person on craigslist.

1. 1.How do I ensure that this person is not going to take this deal if I tell him about it? I know that this could be a mindset issue on my end.
  2. 2.How do I involve a real estate attorney in the deal to make sure that everything goes smoothly.

I have come across a few people having money on craigslist. I talked to one guy one the phone - name will not be mentioned - and he basically said that I know nothing about real estate. Which I ended up hanging the phone up on him. I wrote a follow up email and told him that he was a rude d-bag. I re-explained the deal to him using obscure explanations to guard the deal. He seems like a deal hijacker. He wanted the address and link to the rental.

I do in fact know a lot. This post and these conversations are the start of implementing what I know. “Taking action” as Brandon Turner would put it. I have listened to the no money down book, and investing in rental properties book, and about 80+ podcasts.

As of right now I have just started to pull the trigger i.e. reaching out to people who have cash. This last week I started to write my goals down in the morning and in the evening.

Just looking for guidance.

@Daniel Hanson You could create a non-disclosure and non-compete agreement. Talk to a lawyer, but I don't see why that wouldn't be allowed. As for getting ahold of one, you could search on here for one using keyword search, or search the web.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you