• Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Fear Running Rampant!

Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorPosted Oct 12 2009, 05:36

Background for those that don't know me: I am a full time real estate investor and I have invested in nearly every aspect of real estate. Recently, I have added transactional funding services to short sale and REO investors.

If there is one common denominator I have seen throughout the years, it is FEAR! Fear has a way of preventing many from taking action and that is the prime cause of failure (in my book, never getting out and trying is a failure!).

One of my favorite motivational sayings is this: The rich act in spite of fear while others allow fear to stop them.
This holds true and I have seen consistently that those who allow fear to stop them, never really get ahead.

If you are one of the many contemplating some type of real estate investing strategy and have been too scared to start or too fearful of taking action, then you need to realize what is stopping you. It is almost always one of two or both of the following items: Fear and laziness. If you are lazy, you are screwed. If you are just fearful, you need to just take action. There is no rule that states you need to do a huge or high dollar transaction to get started. Even if you do a $500 deal, that is a starting point and gives you the motivation and confidence to do another and improve on your goals.

Use BP Nation as your partner in education, in finding deals, in selling deals, in finding money, in finding a job, in finding a friend, in finding a business partner, and the list goes on. The opportunities are endless and allowing fear to prevent you from getting started and taking action is a serious mistake!

Happy investing to all!
William Barnard

Loading replies...