Goals - What are yours for 2019? + 90 Days Journal

6 Replies

I'm currently using the 90 Days of Intention Journal, and I am finding it difficult to use so far, but it's probably my lack of creativity. What are your goals for the year? What about for the next 90 days? How are you working towards achieving them?

I've never done well with a big yearly goal. Instead, I'm focusing on the little things, hoping they compound throughout the year. 

For instance, I've committed to make at least 1 post/comment on some form of social media per day (with the intent of talking about business). I'm also reading 3 pages of non-fiction per day. Finally, I'm writing at least 100 words per day. I've got some others that focus on sleep and nutrition, but the three listed are what I'm attempting for business betterment. I'll be increasing these limits at the start of each new month. 

I enjoy the journal so far. My goals are different:

1. Buy 6 units or have $2,000 in cash flow by the end of 2019.

2. Lose 20 lbs by April 6th

3. Save $20k by April 15th.

One is longer term, the other two are 90 days from when I started journaling.

The Mastermind group has been good so far as well!

Originally posted by @Joseph Firmin :

I enjoy the journal so far. My goals are different:

1. Buy 6 units or have $2,000 in cash flow by the end of 2019.

2. Lose 20 lbs by April 6th

3. Save $20k by April 15th.

One is longer term, the other two are 90 days from when I started journaling.

The Mastermind group has been good so far as well!

I am just seeing this thread, however would love to see how things went so far on your goals Joseph? 

I've got 2 units (one duplex), lost 10 lbs and saved the $20k. I've out. More emphasis on my real estate above other goals and will continue to seek a bigger property in 2019!

Originally posted by @Joseph Firmin :

I've got 2 units (one duplex), lost 10 lbs and saved the $20k. I've out. More emphasis on my real estate above other goals and will continue to seek a bigger property in 2019!

Congrats on the early success on your goals! I personally set a low bar regarding my entry into REI this year (secure one MFH and prepare to rent my existing SF townhome by October).

@Mike Lee thanks! The important thing is that you are moving forward, small steps lead to big changes. Best of luck! FYI, I lived in Charlotte for about 8 years, went to Belmont Abbey, love that area, would move back in a heartbeat.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here