Skip to content
Investor Mindset

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Gross
Votes |
I love my current job, so does that make me weird?

Joshua Gross
Posted Sep 17 2019, 03:52

Hi!

I have just begun my real estate investment journey to financial freedom, only being introduced to this world about a month ago.

I know I still have so much to learn, before I even set out to find my first deal, so that I can do everything I can to set myself up for success.

I realize that my question may be a bit premature to ask for me, but something I've heard a lot on the BP podcasts and in the books I've been reading is the desire to get into real estate because you hate your job.  I have a job that I love and am passionate about, but one that won't allow me to realize my goal of financial freedom and building wealth. 

As I look forward to envisioning that future that I want for myself and my family, I am having a difficult time envisioning one where my current job and investing can coexist.  I have enough flexibility in my work schedule, where I am not afraid that I wouldn't be able to manage both, rather I'm afraid that if I pour all my heart, soul, and energies into acheiving the goals I have set for myself, that there won't be a need to keep the job that I love.

So, my question is this: Has anyone else begun their journey from a job that they loved and were passionate about, and were faced with a similar situation of once successful deciding whether or not to quit that job because it wasn't necessary any more? 

Thanks for any input or advice you can offer, and know that I realize this is probably a question only I can answer for myself when I get to that point in the hopefully not to distant future.

Loading replies...