Where do I start in real estate investing?

Where do I start in real estate investing?

New to Real Estate · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2021 · 32 posts · 7 votes

I just got started learning many things about cashflow. Based on Rich dad’s Cashflow quadrant which is a 100% recommendation but only if you read rich dad poor dad first. I do have several questions for the forums:

• How do I take action on building cashflow through real estate?

• Will BiggerPockets pro teach me how to build a business?

• Where do you find private lenders?

• Can I connect with a team through BiggerPockets that has the right mentality for building cashflow?

•Is it a bad thing to start with $770 in my pocket?

0Reply
16 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Omaha, NE · Member since 2020 · 611 posts · 665 votes
    5y

    Start with the BP real estate podcast. Listen to every episode. Search for other podcasts on real estate. Listen to those. I enjoy RETipster and Coach Carson. There are many others. Search Facebook for your local REIA. Join that group. Find a target market if your own is too expensive. Join their Facebook REIA and introduce yourself. State your goals. Don't ask for mentors or coaches. Scour the forums for answers if you don't know them before asking questions. Most questions have already been asked and answered well. Get an LLC started so you can borrow hard money. If you do all of this, it will keep you busy for a while and you'll gain answers to your other questions and so many more, plus you'll run into a ton more questions along the way.

    Best of luck! It's a fun, hard, rewarding journey.

  • Cameron TopePro Member
    Property Manager · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Hey Tomas,

    Rich Dad Poor Dad is a fantastic book on mindset but it leaves out the tactics. 

    You now need to set goals and determine what your daily and weekly goals are going to be to reach those goals. 

    No software or membership will do that for you, not even BP Pro. 

    The most important thing is knowing what to do daily to get where you're trying to go. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.