Sacramento Area any HVAC company to suggest?

Sacramento Area any HVAC company to suggest?

Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 10 votes

Hi,

I have a rental in Sacramento 95833 zipcode. 2 stories 1500sqft. AC is 15 yr old and stopped working. I am planning to replace it. Wondering anyone have good company to recommend? 

Thanks,

Bei

0Reply
53 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Roseville, CA · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 14 votes
5y

@Bei He

When mine went out I got five bids. They ranged from 12,000 to 22,000. Rocklin Heating and Air was the lowest. We used them and they were great! In fact, I just referred them to my neighbor and he was really pleased with their work too.

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Roseville, CA · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Bei He

    When mine went out I got five bids. They ranged from 12,000 to 22,000. Rocklin Heating and Air was the lowest. We used them and they were great! In fact, I just referred them to my neighbor and he was really pleased with their work too.

  • Rental Property Investor · Folsom, CA · Member since 2016 · 140 posts · 70 votes
    5y

    Oleg installed a new system and ducts for me in a rental house that didn’t have central HVAC before. I was very happy with his work and the price.
    https://goairflow.com/

  • Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2020 · 105 posts · 48 votes
    5y

    Good Guys Heating and Air did mine in two rentals - cheap and great work. Easy to schedule and got it done with no drama

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 10 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jason Rhodewalt:

    Good Guys Heating and Air did mine in two rentals - cheap and great work. Easy to schedule and got it done with no drama

    Hi Jason, do you mind share the rough cost? I'm trying to proper budget it too. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 10 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jeremy Brown:

    Oleg installed a new system and ducts for me in a rental house that didn’t have central HVAC before. I was very happy with his work and the price.
    https://goairflow.com/

    Thank you Jeremy! Do you mind share how much roughly cost? 

  • Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2020 · 105 posts · 48 votes
    5y

    @Bei He I’m trying to remember… I want to say $10k for a roof mounted unit (so they needed a crane). Might have been $12k

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 10 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Greg Lieberman:

    @Bei He

    When mine went out I got five bids. They ranged from 12,000 to 22,000. Rocklin Heating and Air was the lowest. We used them and they were great! In fact, I just referred them to my neighbor and he was really pleased with their work too.

    Thanks Greg! I so far got 1 company quote 3 kinds of systems from 16k to 23k...so expensive =(

    I actually installed AC and replaced heating in my home in San Jose this year and only spent $13k. was a bit shocked that Sac price is so high. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Folsom, CA · Member since 2016 · 140 posts · 70 votes
    5y

    Airflow was around $10k for everything, which included new electrical and gas lines, all the equipment, ducts, permits, etc.

  • Real Estate Agent · Roseville, CA · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    Mine was $9,000 with Rocklin Heating and Air for a single stage system by Carrier, in April of 2019. My house is two stories and about 2600 square feet. My neighbor across the street lives in a 3200 square ft house and his was $12,000. But being that we are about to have a lot of triple digit heat, you can expect the demand and the price to be higher than the colder months. 
    FYI: Single stage just means it blows at 100% power or it’s off. Versus dual stage that can blow at 50% or 100% power. Or incremental stage that blows at the exact amount of power needed for whatever job it’s doing. I assume the majority of people have single stage. 

  • DJ DawsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 394 posts · 259 votes
    5y

    I can send you a contact, he does all my projects. I will DM you.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 10 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @DJ Dawson:

    I can send you a contact, he does all my projects. I will DM you.

    Thank you DJ! Appreciate! 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 10 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Greg Lieberman:

    Mine was $9,000 with Rocklin Heating and Air for a single stage system by Carrier, in April of 2019. My house is two stories and about 2600 square feet. My neighbor across the street lives in a 3200 square ft house and his was $12,000. But being that we are about to have a lot of triple digit heat, you can expect the demand and the price to be higher than the colder months. 
    FYI: Single stage just means it blows at 100% power or it’s off. Versus dual stage that can blow at 50% or 100% power. Or incremental stage that blows at the exact amount of power needed for whatever job it’s doing. I assume the majority of people have single stage. 

    Thank you Greg! I think for rental single stage totally make sense. =)

  • CA · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @DJ Dawson:

    I can send you a contact, he does all my projects. I will DM you.

    Can you please send it to me as well? Thanks! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    @Bei He

    I will backup all the claims for Rocklin Air. While I’ve never personally used them, I know them well, because they bought my Southern California HVAC company from me, and through all of our back and fourth DD, I believe are a stellar family and company, and as good as a contractor can get.

    I know they will treat you right.

  • Investor · El Dorado Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Air Now 

    Kirk Mills 

    916-332-7300 


    I have had two good experiences with them.  

  • Member since 2020 · 984 posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    I am a HVAC contractor and I would not replace a 15-year old unit just because it broke down since the furnace is very young and the average heating and AC unit should last 40+ years. A 15-year old unit is built with all the most-modern pasts and most-likely only a motor burned out, a switch is broke, or it needs a little refrigerant and the cost for any of those items should not exceed $800. Replacing a 15-year old unit is the same as feeling you need to buy a brand new car because the car needs something as inexpensive as a battery for $200, or a transmission for $1500 when all the other parts are in excellent commission and the car has low miles.

    I am frugal and thoughtful when it comes to buying big ticket items. You may replace the unit thinking you will have less problems with it, but it is highly likely the new unit will still break down when it is brand new, in 6 months, a year, etc.'

    Of course, if you call for estimates for a new unit you will not find one contractor, like myself, who will go out of his way to recommend that you save money and repair the unit.

  • Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    @Jack Orthman

    I like your advice/attitude. Please leave contact information for future need. Thank you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.