Long Beach Investor Roll Call

Long Beach Investor Roll Call

Real Estate Agent · LONG BEACH, CA · Member since 2014 · 209 posts · 43 votes

I love that BP has started sub-forum categories. It'll make networking with other local professionals that much easier. 

I want to encourage all Long Beach flippers, landlords, wholesalers, brokers, contractors, insurance agents, attorneys etc to subscribe to this forum and make it as robust as possible about all things Long Beach. 

Looking forward to watching this sub-forum grow!

2Reply
140 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 10 posts · 6 votes
9y

Hello,

I purchase REOs, short sales, foreclosures and buy and hold properties. Four units and under are preferred however will consider other opportunities. 

If a deal needs to close fast, distressed ect. I can close with cash. I tend to center on properties in the Long Beach, Lakewood, Cerritos area.

Investment area is Los Angeles and Orange country and part of Inland Empire.

I can view/check on property next day.

See this reply in the discussion

57 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Homeowner · Orange County, CA · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    Live in the Rose Park neighborhood. New to BP, still learning a ton, and still looking for a first purchase. Interested in local meet-ups and more than eager to learn from anyone who doesn't mind a little extra help. 

  • Realtor, Investor, Syndicator · Canyon Lake, CA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Hi everyone. Just found this thread. I am a broker and investor here in Long Beach. I Live in Rose Park. Looking forward to networking and helping others grow their businesses.  

  • Fresno, CA · Member since 2015 · 552 posts · 181 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Travis Langley:

    Hi. My wife and I own a 4 unit building in 90802. We bought in 2004 and will probably want to trade up in the next year or two.

    http://www.laweekly.com/news/legislation-to-expand...

    This might effect those 4 units in Long Beach rent control coming

  • Fresno, CA · Member since 2015 · 552 posts · 181 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Kris McGee:

    Hi everyone. Just found this thread. I am a broker and investor here in Long Beach. I Live in Rose Park. Looking forward to networking and helping others grow their businesses.  

    Hey Kris what do you think of the Rent Control push?

    http://www.presstelegram.com/general-news/20170205...

    http://www.tenantstogether.org/updates/tenants-are...

  • Realtor, Investor, Syndicator · Canyon Lake, CA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Hi Susan-

    Don't even get me started on rent control. LOL. The push is nothing new. 

  • Fresno, CA · Member since 2015 · 552 posts · 181 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Kris McGee:

    Hi Susan-

    Don't even get me started on rent control. LOL. The push is nothing new. 

    It's happening

    Look at this video

    http://www.housinglb.org/newsmedia/

    http://www.bhclongbeach.org/lbrising/

    These heavily funded groups from outside the city with national funding.  They want to create new bureaucracies in long beach city hall and expand rent control through Long Beach, South Bay - Los Angeles and into Orange County as well.

  • Realtor, Investor, Syndicator · Canyon Lake, CA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Hi Susan-

    This group has been around for a long time and what I was talking about when I said the push is nothing new. The main video was done in 2011. As rents continue to rise in Long Beach (up 6% in the last 12 months, largest jump in Metro LA) this issue will be more visible and the group(s) more vocal.  

  • Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Hi All! Just finding this post. I work in acquisitions for a small investment group who fix and flips. All cash buyer buying all over socal but I am based out of LB. Love to chat and network. Feel free to add me to buyers list! Katrina
  • Investor · Top of the World · Member since 2016 · 165 posts · 40 votes
    9y

    If there is going to be meet ups or just a coffee and and a conversation with other investors interested in the Long Beach area please let me know.

    Curtis

  • Investor · Los Angeles County, CA · Member since 2012 · 962 posts · 279 votes
    9y

    The recent talk about city controlled rent restrictions will only hurt Long Beach city from a community, investing and long term economic standpoint. @Kris McGee

    We were coming off very low rents in 2008 with 20%+ vacancies in Long Beach, which is one of the reasons for the increases in rents.  Long Beach is still one of the most affordable of the beach cities from Santa Barbara down to San Diego and everything in between.  

    I've been a landlord here for a long time fixing up neighborhoods and houses.  I've had to clean up duplexes and remove some really nasty 'gang banger' tenants from.  

  • Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Anyone here going to the meet up at the grand hotel in Long Beach tomorrow?
  • Specialist · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 221 posts · 58 votes
    9y
    Katrina Metoyer let's connect. My partner are in Lakewood. Would love to see the deals you acquire.
  • Investor · Los Angeles County, CA · Member since 2012 · 962 posts · 279 votes
    9y

    I'm down to meet up.  I'm actively looking in Long beach.  Does anyone door knock, send direct mailers or is actually on the ground out here?  

  • Investor · Orange, CA · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    I am a 2-4 unit investor in the Long Beach area, 90806 to be exact. I'm looking for opportunities in or around this area to purchase or partner. Have a 4 unit building under my belt and want more. When is the next meet up? Chad
  • Investor · Los Angeles County, CA · Member since 2012 · 962 posts · 279 votes
    9y

    Curious how many deals you guys looked at since you last posted.  I look over hundreds online, leads etc... I look at dozens in the morning then dozens throughout the day. Walk them, drive by them. Constantly making offers. Flipping a couple, fixing up some apartments... Then closing rare gems in this hot market...

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    90807 Bixby Knolls present

  • Investor · Los Angeles County, CA · Member since 2012 · 962 posts · 279 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Walker:

    90807 Bixby Knolls present

     Nice Bixby Knolls is on the up and up! Always has been a great place.

    I'm about to close on a triplex in coastal LB

  • Fresno, CA · Member since 2015 · 552 posts · 181 votes
    9y

    You should also discuss the state intervension into housing and Costa Hawkins AB 1506 and this new left leaning KCET City Rising documentary!

    Costa hawkins (allowing new buildings and Single family houses to be under rent control and make it universal among different

    ET "public television" It's sponsored by CALIFORNIA ENDOWMENT who gets funding from California Governemnt

    this is on KCET  Long Beach, Los Angeles, Oakland, Santa Ana Orange County, Bay Area are all on this.  It's very pro- Universal Rent Control.  There's $billions behind California Endowment Google them and google TenantsTogether.org if you're investing in one of these cities they're already there and whispering into the ears of the city councils that use your Property Taxes for their agenda...

  • Investor · Los Angeles County, CA · Member since 2012 · 962 posts · 279 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Susan O.:

    You should also discuss the state intervension into housing and Costa Hawkins AB 1506 and this new left leaning KCET City Rising documentary!

    Costa hawkins (allowing new buildings and Single family houses to be under rent control and make it universal among different

    ET "public television" It's sponsored by CALIFORNIA ENDOWMENT who gets funding from California Governemnt

    this is on KCET  Long Beach, Los Angeles, Oakland, Santa Ana Orange County, Bay Area are all on this.  It's very pro- Universal Rent Control.  There's $billions behind California Endowment Google them and google TenantsTogether.org if you're investing in one of these cities they're already there and whispering into the ears of the city councils that use your Property Taxes for their agenda...

     Susan is absolutely correct in protecting property rights.  This stuff is spreading with all sorts of special interests coming to town and the amount of entitlement is crazy.  Long Beach is overall a great city, but rent control could devastate a growing, revitalizing city.  Rent Control leads to blight, crime turns away investors/developers, and has a lot of other negative effects on a city and economy.

  • Ray DipasupilPro Member
    Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 149 posts · 51 votes
    8y

    @Will F. not all rent control leads to blight nor crime. The fast food workers, custodians, blue collared workers that make your food, clean your office, are more than likely in rent controlled / sec 8 living situations. There's always 2 sides of the equation & it's good to understand both. 

  • Investor · Los Angeles County, CA · Member since 2012 · 962 posts · 279 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Ray Dipasupil:

    @Will F. not all rent control leads to blight nor crime. The fast food workers, custodians, blue collared workers that make your food, clean your office, are more than likely in rent controlled / sec 8 living situations. There's always 2 sides of the equation & it's good to understand both. 

    AB 1506 is about expanding rent control to newer buildings, single family houses/condos etc. I'm not talking about section 8 or affordable housing. If you compare areas with and without rent control in general over time the rent controlled areas will. I'm fine with non-mandated subsidies.

    Ray what are you talking about? Are you an investor or just an agent who makes money on transactions?  How would you like to have a property you invested in get converted to rent control.

    Do you own any properties? How would you like it if a property you owned was converted into rent control. That's what AB 1506 is about. 

    I'm not against workers getting paid well or having liveable wages or affordable housing.  If you read up on rent control it actually leads to less housing.  http://www.nmhc.org/News/The-High-Cost-of-Rent-Con...

  • Lakewood, CA · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    im in lakewood new to REI looking to learn and get my feet wet thinking i may have to go out of state

  • Long Beach, CA · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    Hi everyone! 90807 in the house! I am an attorney (unrelated to real estate) and a newbie in the investor world. So glad to find these local forums. Is anyone attending the meetup tonight at The Grand? I will be there if anyone wants to say hi (I'll be in a Michigan shirt). I am a homeowner still working on getting my first property. If anyone wants to meet up for coffee or snacks one evening or weekend, let me know. Also open to helping any more experienced investors with any small tasks or jobs. I'm totally open to learn
  • Investor · Los Angeles County, CA · Member since 2012 · 962 posts · 279 votes
    8y

    Just heads up there's a group trying to get rent control into Long Beach.  http://www.presstelegram.com/2017/11/08/housing-ad...

    Next November going to vote.  The biggest update in Rent Control in Long Beach in years.

    I guess they're ignoring every economist and the negative impact of rent control on communities.    Rent control usually ends with less affordable housing and doesn't help the true needy -- homeless.   Essentially it doesn't do what it's intended to do.  It's a bandaid fix to housing yet can actually lead to negative impact in long run.  Look at every case study-- LA, NYC, SF

  • Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi Kiersten,

    I thought that I had replied to you months ago, but apparently I wrote a reply and didn't hit Post!

    It pays for itself, but isn't throwing off a ton of cash. We do mostly have long term stable tenants. Occasionally we'll get a flaky tenant, but they are the exception. We left the area in 2007, so we need to decide if we want to continue buying in the LB area, or near our current home in the Sacramento area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.