• Rental Property Investor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
Long beach CA multifamily

Tomas Gutierrez
  • Rental Property Investor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Posted Oct 3 2020, 10:28

Hi my fellow BP peeps! My family just recently moved to Long Beach CA a couple of months ago. I am experienced investor with investment properties in NC.

I am currently looking for multi family properties which are located at least on a good/decent school system, safe location, and safe for kids to grow. My strategy is usually I live in one of the unit till it ripens then transfer (1031) the profits to the next one. That way I don't have to pay taxes on the property profit since its my primary household upon my exit. Also that way I can manage the other units easily. 

I am also looking for partnerships for bigger deals. The value I can add are the following:

• - property analysis
  • - my experience after I have managing my own rentals. I have done everything for smaller scale 9 units the most
  • - dealing with contractors. 
  • - I can be a quality on-site manager, ever since I have a manager I never lost a tenant because of some bad reason. It always is because they decided to upgrade and buy a house. I would only do this if the location is good and fits my plan for my family for the next few years. Right now my family is currently planning to make this move in the next 3-6 months or maybe sooner depending on the opportunity we get.
  • - I believe I am well verse on keeping the cost down since I have done my own renovation myself. And optimizing it always on the next opportunity. Example is I renovated a full kitchen with just less than 3.5k in budget. It consist of new bottom and upper cabinets, granite counter tops, new stainless steel appliances and very nice counter top fixtures. How did I do it? Ask me. I have also renovated a bathroom itself fixing the leak to removing the old tiles and replacing it with a modular one. It was fun and challenging at the same time. Harder than kitchen renovation. But anyways thats just an idea of a value add I can be.
  • - I probably would be able to handle anything. I have being studying the craft and constantly updating what I know.

For smaller multifamily

• - I am interested on fixer uppers 
  • - plain out turn-key properties

If you have a strategy in mind that I can be a part of or just want to pick my brain, feel free to leave me a message I am eager to talk to local investors. 

Loading replies...