Selling Oakland 4-plex right now - good/bad market?
Hi all, I'm looking for some impartial but knowledgeable opinions on if now is a good time to consider selling my 4-plex. I can only find market info on SFH (prices up), condos and rents (prices down), but not much data on 2-4 unit buildings (list vs sell, days on market, demand, etc.).
Mine is/was owner-occupied, I'm moving, so that's one unit vacant, and I already had another unit open. I'm not sure if it's best to leave these two vacant if I list or try to rent them out (and still possibly list in the spring). I'm wondering if the quieter rental market is softening sales for buildings like this, or are there still investors wanting to buy knowing things could possibly be busier next spring/summer, plus with two open units, they can do whatever improvements to reset the rental prices (owners unit could fetch 2500-2800, other units 2200-2400).
This is in the Longfellow neighborhood, 10 min walk to BART, 15 mins walk to Temescal, and close to Emeryville (Target, Home Depot, Pak N Save) in case you'd like to weigh location into your reply. I also renovated it when I bought it 6yrs ago (mid tier rental stock, white appliances, no in unit laundry and no laundry on site, no DW - except owners unit which has SS appliances, laundry, DW, upgraded fixtures, etc)