Home Inspector Referral: Palm Springs / Palm Desert / Coachella

5 Replies | Riverside, California

I'm under contract on a 4-plex in Palm Desert, and am looking for a home inspection referral.  There are a few things raising red flags including a step-up shower that might indicate some odd plumbing or sewer issues, and potential issues with the A/C units or the ducting, so I want to make sure I find a home inspector that's thorough (instead of just going with whomever the realtor recommends).

If you have any recommendations in the area, please let me know!

Once purchased we'll be renovating units, building an add'l building from the ground-up, building a shade structure, doing some landscaping, building a carport, etc. and this is my first project in the area, so any referrals at all to quality people in the area would be appreciated!

Hey John,

The best inspector out here is RE reports. They are based out of palm desert. They do extremely detailed reports and they offer specialized inspections if you need them such as mold, sewers, etc.
I've used him for two properties out here and I am more than pleased with their work.
I hope this helps

Thanks for the input Albert, I ended up going with Bruce @ Advantage Inspection Professionals, LLC, and was satisfied with his work and thoroughness.

Still on the hunt for qualified contractors to handle the remodel of the existing units (tile all the floors, kitchen and bath remodel) as well as a surveyor, architect, and builder for the building we will be constructing if you know of anyone you would recommend.