Jacksonville, FL - Fairfax Neighborhood

Jacksonville, FL - Fairfax Neighborhood

Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 3 votes

Hi guys,

Does anyone have multi-families/ rental in the Fairfax neighborhood (32210). I made an offer at a triplex in Fairfax but didn't get accepted. How's the rental here? Seems like a nice neighborhood in between Avondale and Ortega

0Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Jacksonville Beach, FL | NYC | Tamarindo Costa Rica · Member since 2014 · 182 posts · 130 votes
6y

@Adrian Santos One of my rentals is a condo in that Fairfax area (32210) and we really like that area. It has been a little slow to rent when vacant but because I think it is a condo and most people want a house. But I've got a great tenant in there now. Location is quiet and very convenient to downtown as well as the nice surrounding communities. Most properties over there are SFH, and the prices are hard to make work for an investor.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 30 votes
    6y

    Hi Adrian, do you mean westside 32210 or Fairfax 32209 in your rental question?

  • Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Nikia Johnson - Fairfax (32210) in between Avondale and Ortega. 

  • Contractor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Adrian Santos

    I think you just mean the West side, I have lived here my whole life and I've never heard that before. 32210 is ok, very large and diverse.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2008 · 784 posts · 528 votes
    6y

    @Adrian Santos There is a triplex for sale on Melrose in Fairfax. Not much else in that area that would qualify as a Tri-plex. 

  • Investor · Jacksonville Beach, FL | NYC | Tamarindo Costa Rica · Member since 2014 · 182 posts · 130 votes
    6y

    @Adrian Santos One of my rentals is a condo in that Fairfax area (32210) and we really like that area. It has been a little slow to rent when vacant but because I think it is a condo and most people want a house. But I've got a great tenant in there now. Location is quiet and very convenient to downtown as well as the nice surrounding communities. Most properties over there are SFH, and the prices are hard to make work for an investor.

  • Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Caroline C. Thanks for the input. I also noticed it's a nice, quiet neighbourhood between Avondale and Ortega. I checked the rentals and sales in the past few months. Also seemed a bit hard for number wise

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 30 votes
    6y

    They buy knockdown houses in Avondale and Ortega area not ideal for rentals over there.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.