New OOS investor building my Orlando team

New OOS investor building my Orlando team

Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 4 votes

I'm a buy and hold investor from Portland, Oregon. I'm looking for my first rental and one of the markets I'm looking to target is the Orlando area for buy and hold properties. My first few properties would ideally need light cosmetic rehab as I'm not looking to take on large rehab projects while I'm out of state and still building my team.

I'm interested in SFR's and Small Multifamily 2-4 units under 200k. Primarily Lower crime areas with decent demand for rentals, ideally C+ and above neighborhoods with no HOA fees. I'll be financing the first few properties with Conventional mortgages. I'm interested in Orlando for the appreciation aspect but I mostly care about Cash Flow.

I'm currently doing a lot of research about the areas but would like to network with people who have boots on the ground. Just looking to learn as much as possible about the local area and what areas to avoid etc.

Thank you!

2Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y

@Stephen Burden your buy box is extremely challenging and very competitive. I would not expect to find any 2-4 unit properties under 200k in a C+ neighborhood. This criteria may be found in Lakeland which is about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes from Orlando.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Stephen Burden your buy box is extremely challenging and very competitive. I would not expect to find any 2-4 unit properties under 200k in a C+ neighborhood. This criteria may be found in Lakeland which is about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes from Orlando.

  • Real Estate Agent · Central Fl / Tampa Lakeland / Orlando · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Lakeland is a great place to invest for cash flow.  I know.  We live here.  The market is presently pretty tight.  You just need to be ready to jump in fast when you find a deal you like.  I just spoke with an investor this morning who wants us to list her rental.  If you're more so looking for appreciation, then you may want to think about another location.  For us, Buy and Hold is more about cash flow.  :-)

  • Rental Property Investor · Oregon City, OR · Member since 2020 · 324 posts · 780 votes
    6y

    @Stephen Burden

    Good luck! OOS investing is awesome. I'm in Tualatin and I agree, the returns are too great not to. You'll want to lean on your agent and PM for advice on specific neighborhoods.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.