Real Estate Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 11 votes
Hi guys,
I'm looking to purchase a duplex near Roswell, GA +/- (30075 zip code +/- 10 minutes) in late July / early August of this year. House hacking seems to be the best way to get your feet into REI, so that's what I'm looking to do with this first investment. Owner-occupied FHA and wanting to stay under the $225 price point.
If you see of anything or know of any agents, please feel free to message me anytime!
Real Estate Broker · Marietta, GA · Member since 2014 · 135 posts · 105 votes
10y
Hey Amr,
Duplexes are a great way to start out investing because you can use FHA financing, putting as little as 3.5% down and learn how to landlord, which isn't as easy as it seems. Roswell is a terrific area but there is not a huge duplex supply there, especially at that price point. Roswell, Alpharetta, East Cobb, Johns Creek, etc were built as suburban communities and are geared more towards single family homes or apartment complexes. I've left the office but will check Costar in the morning.
Send me a PM and let's discuss how to find a duplex and options for you.
Rental Property Investor · Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 22 votes
10y
Hi Amr,
I'm in Roswell too and would be happy to be a sounding board or give you my feedback when you get closer to a deal. Nick's right this area wasn't built out with a lot of smaller multi-family units but there are a few. Also, if you're open to a single family house hack, i.e. roommate/tenant situation, there are plenty of possibilities. Good luck!
Real Estate Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 11 votes
10y
@Nick Fitzpatrick & @Jim Young, thanks for your responses! Absolutely, I definitely don't think of duplexes when I think of Roswell and an initial search has only shown a handful of them being sold in the last year. I've seen a couple that have been sold in the 30075 zip code and would love it if another popped up soon!
Jim, looking to house hack and move in with my wife, so not sure if a single family would work for us!
Will reach out to you Nick and Jim, I'll let you know if I find something so I can get your feedback!