East Point vs Cartersville at Atlanta, Georgia

East Point vs Cartersville at Atlanta, Georgia

Piscataway, NJ · Member since 2017 · 82 posts · 12 votes

Hello,

I am looking to buy & hold rental at Atlanta. Could you please recommend which one to go for? I think Cartersville based on niche.com but appreciate the reality from locals. 

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

0Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Dawsonville, GA · Member since 2017 · 206 posts · 144 votes
5y

My understanding was that the sprawl is moving north with no signs of slowing. Here’s really in depth study on Atlanta sprawl, it might be a few years old. https://www.brookings.edu/wp-c...
I am not familiar with East point, but I do think cartersville is a great long term rental market.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 475 posts · 424 votes
    5y

    @Kulin Dakwala

    Well first, Cartersville is not close to the Atlanta metro area. You’re about 45 minutes out without traffic. I don’t know much about the area though as I invest South of Atlanta.

    East point is a part of the metro Atlanta area an you’re only 15 minutes from the city depending on which part of East Point you’re in. I currently live in College Park which is 5 minutes from East point.

    Atlanta is moving South towards East Point. There’s a lot of development planned around this area. East Point has a lot of properties with decent sized lots for being so close to the city.

    Best,

    Canesha

  • Piscataway, NJ · Member since 2017 · 82 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @Canesha Edwards

    Thanks Canesha. Appreciate your quick and valuable opinion.

  • Real Estate Agent · Dawsonville, GA · Member since 2017 · 206 posts · 144 votes
    5y

    My understanding was that the sprawl is moving north with no signs of slowing. Here’s really in depth study on Atlanta sprawl, it might be a few years old. https://www.brookings.edu/wp-c...
    I am not familiar with East point, but I do think cartersville is a great long term rental market.

  • Piscataway, NJ · Member since 2017 · 82 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    Thank you Holly.

    very good information in the article that you shared. Thanks

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 33 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    @Kulin Dakwala East Point. Great opportunity for a solid ROI. Check out this article https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-news/college-park-breaks-ground-on-15b-mixed-use-project-six-west/VX5NGN4ORVCXZAPXCR234TOHKI/%3foutputType=amp

  • Piscataway, NJ · Member since 2017 · 82 posts · 12 votes
    5y
  • Contractor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    I’m from Cartersville. For a long term buy and hold, I like it. But good deals are hard to find these days. I have a close friend that lives in East Point. You can still find great deals in that area. Plus there is a lot of development planned there. 

  • Piscataway, NJ · Member since 2017 · 82 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    Thanks Corey. Looks like east point/college park is growing area with good potential.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.