New to Columbus Real Estate Market

New to Columbus Real Estate Market

Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hi! 

I am new to real estate investing in Columbus, Ohio and looking to start my venture on the rehabbing side of the house. I have a strong finance background but this is my first start in the Real Estate arena. I have read many of the forums on BP (very helpful!) but am now looking for some advice from RE veterans on the Columbus market. Any help is greatly appreciated! I am really looking forward to starting my business and want to make sure my plan is solid before buying the first home. 

Thank you, 

Brittney

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Columbus, OH · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 3 votes
10y

Hi Brittany, I'm also getting started in Columbus.  Just wanted to add my two cents.  Grandview, Italian Village, and Short North, are all great areas but will be much harder to find good flips in my opinion.  It really depends on whether you want to flip a less expensive property though or something on the cheaper side.  Old Town and King Lincoln could be good areas for cheaper flips.  Just my thoughts.  I'm sure others will chime in with some more info!  Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John HornerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Brittney O'Connor:

    Hi! 

    I am new to real estate investing in Columbus, Ohio and looking to start my venture on the rehabbing side of the house. I have a strong finance background but this is my first start in the Real Estate arena. I have read many of the forums on BP (very helpful!) but am now looking for some advice from RE veterans on the Columbus market. Any help is greatly appreciated! I am really looking forward to starting my business and want to make sure my plan is solid before buying the first home. 

    Thank you, 

    Brittney

     Hey Brittany and welcome!  I am very active in the Columbus market.  Did you have any questions specifically about the market?

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hi John! 

    Nice to meet you! I have a ton of questions haha. 

    Which neighborhoods have you found the most success in? 

    What are your thoughts on Short North/Italian Village? 

    I am working on my business plan now, more specifically refining my direct marketing campaign strategy,which types of campaigns have you had the most success? 

    Do you work with GCs? If so, how have you found them? 

    I really appreciate all your help. 

    Brittney 

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Hi Brittany, I'm also getting started in Columbus.  Just wanted to add my two cents.  Grandview, Italian Village, and Short North, are all great areas but will be much harder to find good flips in my opinion.  It really depends on whether you want to flip a less expensive property though or something on the cheaper side.  Old Town and King Lincoln could be good areas for cheaper flips.  Just my thoughts.  I'm sure others will chime in with some more info!  Good luck!

  • Investor / Landlord · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 276 posts · 174 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Brittney O'Connor.

    Just out of curiousity, do you have experience in the trades (carpentry, plumbing, etc.) or some other experience that will help you out the gate with the rehab side?

    Though your main interest is rehabbing, there is a Columbus landlord group you should check out.  Why?  They cover all aspects of landlording which includes buying right which is common to both rehabbing and landlording.  This month they have a speaker absolutely on point for your goals.  They have a monthly meetings and on February 25th the speaker will be Dana Rose, the Administrator of Columbus Code Enforcement.  As a rehabber, you will have many meetings/encounters with Code Enforcement.  The meetings are well-attended, FREE and held at Tommy's Pizza on Dublin-Granville.  From 6:00-6:45 there will be a Q&A session primarily geared to newbies and after the speaker there will be networking.

    COREE is also a worthwhile, more general group which meets the first Tuesday of the month.  The March meeting will be a vendor fair at the Villa Milano.

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Thanks everyone for the help! I will check out the next meeting.
  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    I am also new to BP and looking to invest in Columbus. My wife and I are looking for rental properties. Actually, we are hoping the search for the first deal is over, as we have an offer in!

    I am late to this thread, but thanks for the great tip on the group meetings. Can anyone update the schedule for April and May? I am interested in attending.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.