@Derrick E. Do you have to boost the post on Facebook MP?
Nope. Not at all. It’s 100% free. I get a lot of low level interest to sift through though.
What I do is make the post and forget about it until the next day. Then the next day I go through and respond to everyone simply saying “yes it’s still available. What is your email so I can send you the application.”
After I do that I forget about it until that evening or the next day. Send the same response to the new inquiries and send the application to those who gave me their email.
Lender · Savoy, TX · Member since 2020 · 195 posts · 80 votes
2y
You might try apartments.com, Trulia, Homes.com, Redfin, From a Real Estate Broker Perspective, Zillow generates 80% of all traffic at this point in time.
Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
2y
Zillow, zumper, hot pads, mls. My brokerage syndicates it to all the sites but zumper gets the most hits. I believe Zumper is actually owned by Zillow group. You can also list non exclusive with agents and then if you find a tenant yourself dont pay commision.
I've used all of the above and a 1/3 of my tenants were found on facebook market place and have been with me for 4 years. Just have to be careful on how you respond
Rental Property Investor · MD · Member since 2017 · 102 posts · 21 votes
2y
I haven't post a vacancy on Facebook market place for about a year or so...it use to generate 100s of inquiries/responses daily, but I posted a vacancy a week ago and it hasn't generated a single inquiry. What am I doing wrong?
@Derrick E. Do you have to boost the post on Facebook MP?
Nope. Not at all. It’s 100% free. I get a lot of low level interest to sift through though.
What I do is make the post and forget about it until the next day. Then the next day I go through and respond to everyone simply saying “yes it’s still available. What is your email so I can send you the application.”
After I do that I forget about it until that evening or the next day. Send the same response to the new inquiries and send the application to those who gave me their email.
@Derrick E. That’s exactly how I do my Facebook Marketplace listings to. I usually generate at least 50-60 inquiries which thin down to a handful that actually want a showing and get 1-2 solid applications to correspond after the showings.
This process usually takes me about a week and then the move-in date varies from about 1 week usually to the end of the month.
I don’t usually go longer than the end of the month for a placement. I also require a non refundable deposit.
Rental Property Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2021 · 31 posts · 19 votes
2y
I've had success in the past from apartments.com, zillow, and posting yard signs. However, for my yard signs I have a QR code posted on the sign to lead directly to the zillow listing for more information.
Developer · St. Augustine, FL · Member since 2018 · 311 posts · 384 votes
2y
There are lots of places but I only have to make the following manual inputs and the platforms will list them for me on all platforms:
Must have:
Zillow. Zillow generates the most reliable rental leads for me. Zillow will also push your listings onto Trulia and Hotpads
MLS. I'm a licensed agent so I put my listing on the MLS. MLS push the listings to Realtor.com
Turbotenant. I use Turbotenant as my Property Management Software (PMS) to manage my properties and while I'm setting up my properties on it I can easily market the property with a click of a button and it will push out to all platforms that Zillow does not own: Apartment.com, Redfin, etc.
Those threes are easy and handle 99% of my rental leads.
If I want to cover all of my basis and I want to do more free marketing I would do the following for some low income rental properties:
Facebook Market Place - back in 2019 to 2021 FB market place was amazing. Getting me more rental leads than Zillow. But nowadays things have changed I barely get any real rental leads from FB market place any more.
Craiglist - Haven't done this for years but if I have another low income property and I'm not happy with the leads I would also list it on Craiglist.
So in summary, I first market the listing on zillow and give it my 100% effort. Then copy and paste onto MLS, Turbotenant.
Based on the listing and the market, I'll make additional listings on FB Market place and craiglist as necessary.
If you aren't getting leads from these listings, consider lowering your rent.
Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 492 votes
2y
Have you heard of INNAGO? It’s a platform that not only enables you to market your properties but also facilitates tenant screening, rent payment processing, and coordination with maintenance work orders. The marketing feature is extremely convenient, allowing you to post listings that automatically branch out to several other platforms, significantly increasing your exposure.
Facebook marketplace/groups is also a great option.