What are the major auctions for the greater Baltimore area?

What are the major auctions for the greater Baltimore area?

Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 283 posts · 228 votes

Hey folks, I am curious who the big players are for house auctions in Baltimore and Harford counties. Are there a handful that dominate > 80% of available auctioned houses? I'd like to start attending a few as I look for my next BRRRR.

1Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Tom GimerBusiness Member
DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
6y

Billig, Cooper, Ashland, Auction Brokers... I would think that covers 80%.

Gimer Law516 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Hey @Sam Lewis are you referring to foreclosures or REO auctions? I was curious about this as well. Are there only a handful of major players doing this. I have been referring to Rosenberg law firm for foreclosures in MD and then Auction.com for REO auctions.

  • Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 283 posts · 228 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Vishal Parekh:

    Hey @Sam Lewis are you referring to foreclosures or REO auctions? I was curious about this as well. Are there only a handful of major players doing this. I have been referring to Rosenberg law firm for foreclosures in MD and then Auction.com for REO auctions.

    Thanks man! I know there are quite a few but I don't know them well enough to know who the big players are. I think AJ Billig is a good one - but again, I am definitely no expert here... XD

  • Tom GimerBusiness Member
    DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    Billig, Cooper, Ashland, Auction Brokers... I would think that covers 80%.

    Gimer Law516 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 283 posts · 228 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tom Gimer:

    Billig, Cooper, Ashland, Auction Brokers... I would think that covers 80%.

    Much appreciated Tom! Thank you very much 

  • Investor · Sejong Daero, Seoul · Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 5 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tom Gimer:

    Billig, Cooper, Ashland, Auction Brokers... I would think that covers 80%.

    Agree with Tom. Alex Cooper also has some regular properties. I’d say the biggest is Ashland in my opinion  

  • Ozzy SirimsiBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 782 votes
    6y

    Tom covered the question but this is what I can add.

    I ve' been to many many A.J Billing and Cooper Auctions,  unless you dedicate yourself to attend almost all of them ( this is my guess :DD))), and wait for your lucky day, it mostly waste of time.

    Never seen anything that makes sense at the auctions, people even pay over market price :(

  • Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 283 posts · 228 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Ozzy Sirimsi:

    Tom covered the question but this is what I can add.

    I ve' been to many many A.J Billing and Cooper Auctions,  unless you dedicate yourself to attend almost all of them ( this is my guess :DD))), and wait for your lucky day, it mostly waste of time.

    Never seen anything that makes sense at the auctions, people even pay over market price :(

    Thanks Ozzy! Appreciate it - I take it it's the folks who just got out of their 30,000 guru camp :,)

  • Member since 2019 · 27 posts · 8 votes
    5y
    pretty much correct what you said... I have been to auctions where I have combs right there in my hand, and people pay OVER market price.. for something that high of a risk.. yeah no thanks.


    Originally posted by @Sam Lewis:
    Originally posted by @Ozzy Sirimsi:

    Tom covered the question but this is what I can add.

    I ve' been to many many A.J Billing and Cooper Auctions,  unless you dedicate yourself to attend almost all of them ( this is my guess :DD))), and wait for your lucky day, it mostly waste of time.

    Never seen anything that makes sense at the auctions, people even pay over market price :(

    Thanks Ozzy! Appreciate it - I take it it's the folks who just got out of their 30,000 guru camp :,)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.