• Rental Property Investor
  • Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Votes |
Looking for multifamily real estate broker in Minneapolis/St Paul

Shane Pearlman
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Posted Apr 24 2020, 16:12

I am looking to form a relationship with a broker in the twin cities specializing in multifamily. I'd love an intro if you have someone you can vouch for. They should truly be experienced doing multi-family. I don't want to have to explain spreadsheets or why the deal they show me won't meet basic DSCR requirements. I've done 17 deals through my broker in Santa Cruz over the last 2 decades. Once I find someone I work well with who delivers, I work hard to earn and match their loyalty.

I own 4 buildings in Santa Cruz, CA and 3 in Seattle, Wa. I am planning to diversify the portfolio and would like to move some of our assets (both 1031 & net new purchases) out of CA and Seattle as they continue to pass some extremely challenging landlord laws. 

My primary business has our HQ in Minneapolis and I have a strong personal network in town although I don't live there.

I'd be looking for a smaller apartment complex or a few four-plexes to start. Budget 1-3M. The deal would have to cary itself with 35-40% down and have 20-30% upside once we have completed repositioning the units over a couple years.

I'm patient, experienced, and a very engaged investor. I moved to the Canary Islands a couple years ago, so I can't jump on a plane easily until the whole COVID situations truly gets figured out. That said, I operate all my properties from thousands of miles away as well as a software business with 130+ staff. I'm quite comfortable with remote.

Thanks for the help. =)

Loading replies...