Advice about Rochester Team? Finding realtors?

Advice about Rochester Team? Finding realtors?

Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 5 votes

Hi, I grew up in Rochester and my family is still in the area, so I'd love to begin investing. I have some familiarity with the neighborhoods, but I know a lot has changed. I wonder if any of you have recommendations for realtors or realty groups that work with out of town investors? Thanks so much!

3Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Mark UpdegraffBusiness Member
Real Estate Broker · Rochester, NY · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 692 votes
5y

Rochester is an incredible market!  I work with a lot of out of towners and would be happy to assist.  We’re targeting some specific locations this season for sure!   

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    I know a great realtor.  Name is Tina Zwetsch of blue arrow realty.  She's on face book.  Very knowledgeable and very easy to work with.  My go to lady.

  • Mark UpdegraffBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Rochester, NY · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 692 votes
    5y

    Rochester is an incredible market!  I work with a lot of out of towners and would be happy to assist.  We’re targeting some specific locations this season for sure!   

  • Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Keith Moon Thanks so much for the rec!

  • Matthew DrouinPro Member
    Developer · Rochester, NY · Member since 2016 · 406 posts · 339 votes
    5y

    @Katherine Fusco any reason why you are choosing Rochester? Have you ruled out your own area? If so, why?

  • Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Matthew Drouin I live in Reno, NV, where everything is very inflated by CA investors, so it's a much harder market to get into as a new investor. Also, I have a lot of family in Rochester, NY and we visit the area with some frequency.

  • New to Real Estate · Rochester, NY · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    I've lived in ROC 25 years, and just started investing in rental prop here last year.......should have started ~8 years ago.  Prices now are quite inflated here too (double what they used to be 10 years ago)........just waiting for the bubble to burst....will it?  Who knows!

    Questions to ponder.  Would you be targeting single family homes, multi-family?  What's your target market (professionals, students, white-collar, blue-collar), purchase price range?  Based on this, there are areas of ROC you should target or avoid.

    Regarding realtors, I have found it best to keep an eye out myself and then work with my realtor to draft the deal.

    Good luck, cheers!

  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Katherine Fusco JZ Home Management would love to help. We have a property management and we are investment minded real estate agents as well. We work with a lot of investors both in town and out of state/country. Feel free to reach out (585)719-7295

  • New to Real Estate · Colonie, NY · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    What areas in Rochester should be avoided for buy and hold? I am currently looking at the Rochester area to invest in as an out of town investor. Is Edgerton near Jones square at area to avoid?

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2015 · 499 posts · 169 votes
    5y

    Hey, @Eddie Encarnacion feel free to reach out. I own a few dozen properties in Rochester ny.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.