Independence Property Inspectors

Independence Property Inspectors

Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 212 posts · 116 votes

Hi Everyone,

Hope you're doing well. I'm looking for recommendations for good home inspectors in the Independence area (64052). The TK provider I'm going through has one as well, but I'm thinking about having an independent inspection too. Any suggestions? 

Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

0Reply
49 views

Most Popular Reply

Blue Springs, MO · Member since 2015 · 481 posts · 313 votes
9y

See my response in this nearby thread: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/706/topics/45...

You're probably wanting to do a pre-purchase inspection.  Since June 1, 2017, the city of Independence also requires another interior inspection before you can get your landlord business license - they call it the "Rental Ready" program.  As I understand it, only about 6 or 7 inspectors / inspection companies are approved by the city to do these inspections.  It may be worthwhile to ask prospective inspectors if they can also do the Independence Rental Ready inspection.  (This inspection would happen after any rehab you're doing to the property.)

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · La Crescenta, CA · Member since 2013 · 174 posts · 50 votes
    9y

    @Snehann Kapnadak  I used Bulldog Professional Inspection Services.  I think they are on Angie's List now.  

    You do want the nit-pickiest, independent inspector possible.  And have him check the plumbing & drains.  He should find enough issues to cover his cost when you renegotiate the price.

  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 212 posts · 116 votes
    9y
    Jim Workman Thanks a lot for the recommendation! I'll reach out to them. Do you have a set of recommended questions that you like to ask the inspector? I have my own list but curious to see what more experienced investors ask.
  • Blue Springs, MO · Member since 2015 · 481 posts · 313 votes
    9y

    See my response in this nearby thread: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/706/topics/45...

    You're probably wanting to do a pre-purchase inspection.  Since June 1, 2017, the city of Independence also requires another interior inspection before you can get your landlord business license - they call it the "Rental Ready" program.  As I understand it, only about 6 or 7 inspectors / inspection companies are approved by the city to do these inspections.  It may be worthwhile to ask prospective inspectors if they can also do the Independence Rental Ready inspection.  (This inspection would happen after any rehab you're doing to the property.)

  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 212 posts · 116 votes
    9y
    Matt R. Oh wow thanks a lot for the tip I didn't know of that!
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2015 · 67 posts · 25 votes
    9y

    I 2nd Bulldog -- I invest heavily in KCMO and have used them extensively -- I typically do the "investor inspection" package -- cheaper and looks for the most expensive items (foundation, roof, appliances, etc).  I'm not going to live there so I don't need them pouring through every nook and cranny.

  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    I used inspector nick and they were AWESOME. Found them through yelp, flew in for the inspection and was impressed. Great communication, great attention to detail (inspection took a long time/thorough) and great report at the end.

  • Belcamp, MD · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    @Snehann Kapnadak, did you ever find an inspector and purchase a property in the 64052 area? How did things turn out? 

    I read in another post that particular zip is/was a 'mostly bad' rental area and am curious as to how things are going for you.

  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 212 posts · 116 votes
    8y

    hey @Don S. sorry for the delayed response but the inspection went well! I used Bulldog as well. My property is in 64050 so I can't speak to 52 but hope you find someone here who can!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.