In search of a mentor, also the right listing agent.

In search of a mentor, also the right listing agent.

Rental Property Investor · St. Louis · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 24 votes

Hello All

I'm in search of a good and fair mentor. I'd like to expand my holdings. Also in search of an agent that will list an occupied property (63125).

Thank you!

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Ventura / Saint Louis · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 10 votes
5y

There are some good in-person and virtual St. louis meetups. Besides networking with interesting people, I have found it simple to meet the top producers and understand their personalities. I like @Peter MacKercher’s value based approach to rentals. We both understand hard work and not cutting corners. I suggest attending these meetings and seeing if you vibe with someone that matches your investment strategy and personality. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · All over · Member since 2019 · 119 posts · 26 votes
    5y

    Lol you're not going to find a mentor by just asking for a mentor. It's a much more organic process. Why should anyone be your mentor anyway? What do you have to offer? 

  • Investor · Ventura / Saint Louis · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    There are some good in-person and virtual St. louis meetups. Besides networking with interesting people, I have found it simple to meet the top producers and understand their personalities. I like @Peter MacKercher’s value based approach to rentals. We both understand hard work and not cutting corners. I suggest attending these meetings and seeing if you vibe with someone that matches your investment strategy and personality. 

  • Rental Property Investor · St. Louis · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 24 votes
    5y

    Matt

    Thanks for the info. I think you responded to my post about the property in 63125, but I can't find it.

    I'd like to talk with you in detail about it. 

  • Peter MacKercherBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Broker · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 567 votes
    5y

    @Melinda Miller I will send you a PM and we can chat. I kinda mentor people through a working relationship. Your best bet to find someone is to get out and network and hopefully it can happen naturally. The network/ events tap on bigger pockets is your best bet to align yourself with like-minded people. Whatever you don't pay for a course or mentee program.

    @Matt Abrams thanks for the kind words. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Saint Charles, MO · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Peter MacKercher. What do you feel are the best networking groups in the St. louis/St. Charles area? I'm also a realtor trying to enter the investment world. I currently have 1 duplex in North Hampton and want to build from there with hopefully a quad in same neighborhood.. Thanks!

  • Peter MacKercherBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Broker · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 567 votes
    5y

    @Tammy Wiggins I sent you a pm. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.