Areas in the inner circle for rental property?

Areas in the inner circle for rental property?

Cambridge, MA · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello, 

I am a first time buyer and, of course, I have a lot of homework to do for this matter. I have started thinking about buying a rental property in Charlotte, NC. I have lived in Charlotte for 6 years, but I had to move to the New England for work. Part of the reason that I like buying in Charlotte is 1) affordability compared to where I live (Boston), and 2) relative familiarity with the city and it potential to grow. 

My question: 

Is there any area in the inner circle of Charlotte (Uptown, Dilworth, South Blvd., etc) that one can buy a 1-2 bedroom apartment and be able to rent it out easily? Do the uptown crowd (bankers and others) tend to live in the same area? Are there too many new apartments being built that it makes hard for the landlords to rent their properties? 

Any input is highly appreciated. 

0Reply
6 views

Most Popular Reply

Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
10y
Originally posted by @Kaveh Dan:

Hello, 

I am a first time buyer and, of course, I have a lot of homework to do for this matter. I have started thinking about buying a rental property in Charlotte, NC. I have lived in Charlotte for 6 years, but I had to move to the New England for work. Part of the reason that I like buying in Charlotte is 1) affordability compared to where I live (Boston), and 2) relative familiarity with the city and it potential to grow. 

My question: 

Is there any area in the inner circle of Charlotte (Uptown, Dilworth, South Blvd., etc) that one can buy a 1-2 bedroom apartment and be able to rent it out easily? Do the uptown crowd (bankers and others) tend to live in the same area? Are there too many new apartments being built that it makes hard for the landlords to rent their properties? 

Any input is highly appreciated. 

Please read a lot of what I posted before about Charlotte and what type of assets to invest in. At the same time I have some partners in the Boston area. Pm if you want to discuss what we are doing in NC and SC .

Alex

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 269 posts · 66 votes
    10y
    Anything within in 3-5 miles if uptown Charlotte going south may be difficult to cashflow and get a good return... There's still opportunity in certain pockets on west Charlotte closer to uptown... I'm here locally feel free to reach out if I can be of any help....
  • Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Kaveh Dan:

    Hello, 

    I am a first time buyer and, of course, I have a lot of homework to do for this matter. I have started thinking about buying a rental property in Charlotte, NC. I have lived in Charlotte for 6 years, but I had to move to the New England for work. Part of the reason that I like buying in Charlotte is 1) affordability compared to where I live (Boston), and 2) relative familiarity with the city and it potential to grow. 

    My question: 

    Is there any area in the inner circle of Charlotte (Uptown, Dilworth, South Blvd., etc) that one can buy a 1-2 bedroom apartment and be able to rent it out easily? Do the uptown crowd (bankers and others) tend to live in the same area? Are there too many new apartments being built that it makes hard for the landlords to rent their properties? 

    Any input is highly appreciated. 

    Please read a lot of what I posted before about Charlotte and what type of assets to invest in. At the same time I have some partners in the Boston area. Pm if you want to discuss what we are doing in NC and SC .

    Alex

  • Manassas, VA · Member since 2015 · 65 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    @Kaveh Dan please PM if you want to discuss some properties. We have already cash flowing, tenants in place, under management. Our team can evaluate your long term goals and really help to develop your portfolio for the future. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.