Columbus, OH neighborhoods

Columbus, OH neighborhoods

Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 35 votes

Hello BP! 

I'm 22 and looking to move into the Columbus, OH market while starting an MBA at OSU! and buy my first property (House Hack!). I've been looking into neighborhoods in the area and have about $9k for a down payment currently, but living on a budget and saving more every month. I'm hoping to connect and get some insight from local investors on the Columbus area and neighborhoods to look into and neighborhoods to avoid. I've heard Westerville is a very good area, but may be just outside my price range and Franklinton is a rapidly appreciating area, but still gentrifying. I appreciate all the help in advance and look forward to connecting!

Best,

6Reply
54 views

Most Popular Reply

Jonathan StyerBusiness Member
Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 330 posts · 396 votes
5y
Originally posted by @Codey Kester:
I'm also 22 with about $15k ready for down payment but I'm trying to look on the more eastern side of Columbus if possible. I've noticed that maybe the 43206 area east of German village and 43205 is in my price range. Any advice or things I should look out for? also curious if anyone has somewhere more fitting on the east side in my price range for a duplex house hack. Thank you all for replying on this thread, I have already learned a lot!

I think you're looking in a great area. Check out Milo-Grogan as well, smaller area but really in the path of progress. King Lincoln, Southern Orchards, Old Oaks, Olde Towne East, Merion Village - that whole east corridor of Columbus around Children's is blowing up so the biggest thing is getting into contract on something as the market is crazy hot.  

Styer Real Estate Professionals4.941 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan StyerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 330 posts · 396 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Codey Kester:
    I'm also 22 with about $15k ready for down payment but I'm trying to look on the more eastern side of Columbus if possible. I've noticed that maybe the 43206 area east of German village and 43205 is in my price range. Any advice or things I should look out for? also curious if anyone has somewhere more fitting on the east side in my price range for a duplex house hack. Thank you all for replying on this thread, I have already learned a lot!

    I think you're looking in a great area. Check out Milo-Grogan as well, smaller area but really in the path of progress. King Lincoln, Southern Orchards, Old Oaks, Olde Towne East, Merion Village - that whole east corridor of Columbus around Children's is blowing up so the biggest thing is getting into contract on something as the market is crazy hot.  

    Styer Real Estate Professionals4.941 Reviews
  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Austin Freeman:

    @Remington Lyman do you rent that to students now?

     Yes

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Cody McVay:

    @Zeke Liston nope, Emerald Ave.

     Wow! How did you find that deal? It hit the market as pending?! I guess you really need to be working with a great agent in Columbus, Ohio to get access to these deals.

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 91 posts · 54 votes
    5y

    @Cody McVay @Trent Ecklar

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 35 votes
    5y

    @Remington Lyman without a doubt! You are the man!

    Anyone looking to buy in Columbus, OH should ABSOLUTELY hit up @Remington Lyman! Very helpful and knowledgeable!

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    I like very much the prostitutes in Columbus, I find the quality to be much higher than in my Tolèdo. I’m pretty sure I will buy a place in Franklinton in 2021.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 29 votes
    5y

    @Cody McVay

    Cody, there are a lot of things to consider here. I house hacked two different properties before I got into real estate full time. I’d be happy to discuss it with you more. Feel free to send me a direct message and start a convo. Best of luck.

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    I like very much the prostitutes in Columbus, I find the quality to be much higher than in my Tolèdo. I’m pretty sure I will buy a place in Franklinton in 2021.

     Please elaborate

  • Financial Services · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 80 posts · 40 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Codey Kester:
    I'm also 22 with about $15k ready for down payment but I'm trying to look on the more eastern side of Columbus if possible. I've noticed that maybe the 43206 area east of German village and 43205 is in my price range. Any advice or things I should look out for? also curious if anyone has somewhere more fitting on the east side in my price range for a duplex house hack. Thank you all for replying on this thread, I have already learned a lot!

    I think the ears east of German Village is called "Hungarian Village" right? I helped build a habitat for humanity house over there and it was pretty rough. My employer actually canceled the working for habitat there since some people's cars were burglarized. If you are single and comfortable with living in a C neighborhood could be ok?

  • Financial Services · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 80 posts · 40 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    I like very much the prostitutes in Columbus, I find the quality to be much higher than in my Tolèdo. I’m pretty sure I will buy a place in Franklinton in 2021.

    LOL - brutal auto-correct. Hope that's autocorrect.

  • Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 170 posts · 227 votes
    5y

    I got in Milo Grogan 2 years ago and get texted on that property every week 😂 Great area coming up super fast, but I also love Southern Orchards and just south of SO. The value for your money is pretty high there and neighborhood is not too bad.

  • Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 170 posts · 227 votes
    5y

    @Hobart King South of German village is merion village then south of merion in hungarian village. East of German is southern orchards. I like SO and just south of SO between Whittier and Thurman, the are is not too bad and it quickly gentrifying. You can't drive down a street with out seeing development and yet pricing is still reasonable in that area :) But probably not for long!

  • Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 170 posts · 227 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    I like very much the prostitutes in Columbus, I find the quality to be much higher than in my Tolèdo. I’m pretty sure I will buy a place in Franklinton in 2021.

    If you want to be around prostitutes, Franklinton is a good place to move... Franklinton varies drastically based on street, however for the most part I think the area is too high priced for the value and neighborhood grade. But that is due to investors banking on massive 10 year appreciation due to all the development in east franklinton...

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Reece Iovine:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    I like very much the prostitutes in Columbus, I find the quality to be much higher than in my Tolèdo. I’m pretty sure I will buy a place in Franklinton in 2021.

    If you want to be around prostitutes, Franklinton is a good place to move... Franklinton varies drastically based on street, however for the most part I think the area is too high priced for the value and neighborhood grade. But that is due to investors banking on massive 10 year appreciation due to all the development in east franklinton...

    Yeah that would be the point of buying there, for the appreciation, of the prostitutes

  • Financial Services · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 80 posts · 40 votes
    5y

    @Reece Iovine

    Agree 100% lots of hype but too expensive. The time to buy in Franklinton was like a decade ago.

  • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    LOL..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.