• Rental Property Investor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Real Estate Investing in Cleveland

Matt Rutter
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cleveland, OH
Posted Sep 21 2017, 06:15

I'm looking for advice from like minded people that have experience with real estate investing in the Cleveland market.

I don't have any experience yet in real estate investing. My father held two two-unit apartments outside of Boston when I was growing up and I was always inspired by that. My ideal goal would be to invest in a diverse group of properties long-term in the Cleveland area.

Most of the properties I've been finding have been two-unit multi-families, and either:

A) In rough shape that need a lot of work that I don't have the experience doing, or

B) Are priced (or need repairs) at a level where the rental income would not provide a great cash on cash return. 

It's been very frustrating on my own trying to find a good deal. I know they're out there! And I know there has to be a better way than what I'm doing right now. I have been actively reading everything I can on BiggerPockets, but really still unsure of where to get started with my first deal.

That's why I thought I'd post something on the forum to see if someone had any good advice on where to get started in the Cleveland market, areas to look in, investing with as little of your own money down as possible, etc.  I know this is possible and I'd be happy to buy you a cup of coffee to pick your brain .

Loading replies...