Reliable affordable general contractor Lakewood & Lorain

13 Replies | Cleveland, Ohio

I'm looking for a new general contractor to operate in Lakewood and Lorain.

In Lorain I'm currently doing a large rehab on a 4 family. I have a carpenter and painter contracted already but I still need a general contractor for electrical, kitchen counter tops and bathroom work.

An added bonus is if this contractor would be available for monthly maintenance issues as well.

I've interviewed a ton of people for the rehab project and I've had a horrible streak of luck. Most of the people I schedule appointments with don't show up to even give me a quote. Of the ones that showed up to give me a quote, only one contractor managed to send me one.

Does anyone know a general contractor/handyman looking for work? This rehab project will be thousands of dollars in labor and I generally have a few hundred dollars each month in regular maintenance.

So after calling 15+ contractors, over half not showing up to even give me a quote, the half that did show up only 2 gave me quotes, the one I hired ended up being a **** bag and I let him go.

I got so sick of trying to throw my money at someone to do this that I spent $700, bought all the tools I needed, and did the work myself. Came in on budget, on time and I learned some new skills. 

@Tan Su I didn't. I got sick of dealing with trying to find someone so I bought all the tools and did the rehab myself. Saved a ton of money, got it done fast and didn't have to worry about someone screwing me. 

@Tan Su if I had proposals I'd use them myself haha. I hate doing contract work but my hate for finding contractors that aren't worthless has FAR exceeded my hate for doing contract work. I wish I could help. Maybe @James Wise has some recommendations. 

Originally posted by @Anthony R. :

@Tan Su if I had proposals I'd use them myself haha. I hate doing contract work but my hate for finding contractors that aren't worthless has FAR exceeded my hate for doing contract work. I wish I could help. Maybe @James Wise has some recommendations. 

As I own a rather large contracting business I don't really have a rolodex of contractors since we do it all in house.

In this economy, all the good contractors are bursting with work.  It might take a minute to establish a relationship with a good one that will take care of you, and you him. Don't be hasty.