Reliable affordable general contractor Lakewood & Lorain

Reliable affordable general contractor Lakewood & Lorain

Property Manager · Lakewood, OH · Member since 2015 · 250 posts · 258 votes

I'm looking for a new general contractor to operate in Lakewood and Lorain.

In Lorain I'm currently doing a large rehab on a 4 family. I have a carpenter and painter contracted already but I still need a general contractor for electrical, kitchen counter tops and bathroom work.

An added bonus is if this contractor would be available for monthly maintenance issues as well.

I've interviewed a ton of people for the rehab project and I've had a horrible streak of luck. Most of the people I schedule appointments with don't show up to even give me a quote. Of the ones that showed up to give me a quote, only one contractor managed to send me one.


Does anyone know a general contractor/handyman looking for work? This rehab project will be thousands of dollars in labor and I generally have a few hundred dollars each month in regular maintenance.

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Cleveland / Akron, OH · Member since 2008 · 922 posts · 399 votes
8y

@Anthony R. You may want to connect with @Tom Knox

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Cleveland / Akron, OH · Member since 2008 · 922 posts · 399 votes
    8y

    @Anthony R. You may want to connect with @Tom Knox

  • Investor · Vermilion, OH · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Check out out FB page!

    KNOX CONSTRUCTION LLC

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Hey Anthony, 

    I recommend @Account Closed though not sure if he works that far east of Cleveland.

    In any case, maybe you guys should connect?

  • Pleasanton, CA · Member since 2015 · 246 posts · 115 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Joan Pla:

    Hey Anthony, 

    I recommend @Account Closed though not sure if he works that far east of Cleveland.

    In any case, maybe you guys should connect?

     +1

  • Cleveland, OH · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Great contractor: https://www.facebook.com/QualityFirstHome/

  • Property Manager · Lakewood, OH · Member since 2015 · 250 posts · 258 votes
    8y

    So after calling 15+ contractors, over half not showing up to even give me a quote, the half that did show up only 2 gave me quotes, the one I hired ended up being a **** bag and I let him go.

    I got so sick of trying to throw my money at someone to do this that I spent $700, bought all the tools I needed, and did the work myself. Came in on budget, on time and I learned some new skills. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 54 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Anthony R. Did you find one in the end? Can you let me know?

  • Property Manager · Lakewood, OH · Member since 2015 · 250 posts · 258 votes
    7y

    @Tan Su I didn't. I got sick of dealing with trying to find someone so I bought all the tools and did the rehab myself. Saved a ton of money, got it done fast and didn't have to worry about someone screwing me. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 54 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    Unfortunately I can't do that as an out of state investor. So I have to keep looking.. @Anthony R. Any proposals?

  • Property Manager · Lakewood, OH · Member since 2015 · 250 posts · 258 votes
    7y

    @Tan Su if I had proposals I'd use them myself haha. I hate doing contract work but my hate for finding contractors that aren't worthless has FAR exceeded my hate for doing contract work. I wish I could help. Maybe @James Wise has some recommendations. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 54 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Anthony R. I would definitely like to open some corporate opportunities. Would you mind sending me your phone number in pm? I'll text you. I am looking for a local partner. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Anthony R.:

    @Tan Su if I had proposals I'd use them myself haha. I hate doing contract work but my hate for finding contractors that aren't worthless has FAR exceeded my hate for doing contract work. I wish I could help. Maybe @James Wise has some recommendations. 

    As I own a rather large contracting business I don't really have a rolodex of contractors since we do it all in house.

  • Contractor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 116 posts · 50 votes
    7y

    In this economy, all the good contractors are bursting with work.  It might take a minute to establish a relationship with a good one that will take care of you, and you him. Don't be hasty.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.